Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:07:05 AM

Author Topic: Another Tangential Knife problem.  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Another Tangential Knife problem.
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:20:31 AM »
When cutting a rectangle, the knife is rotated to the direction of the first cut (A Axis), lowered into the work (Z Axis) and at the end of the line the knife is retracted from the work, rotated to the direction of the next cut, lowered into the work and so on. Nothing wrong here and everything works just as it should.

When cutting many circles it is an entirely different situation. After completing the first circle the knife rotates to the start direction of the next circle as a blended move with the Z Axis retracting the knife (the knife rotates within the work whilst being withdrawn).

I can overcome this problem by creating a tool path where each circle starts and finishes in exactly the same direction (and not optimizing the tool path for shortest route) but is there an easier solution please ??

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Another Tangential Knife problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »
Maybe program a leadout arc same radius as circle that also raises the Z to clear part BEFORE it raises Z to Rapid height to move.

OR possibly retract the Z with a G1 move instead of G0 ?

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:35:04 AM by BR549 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
Thanks Terry, leads are something I had not considered - I will see how it goes.

(changing the +Z moves to a G01 make no difference - the A rotation is still blended with the +Z move)  :'(

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
I do have the same problem. Does someone have already a solution to the problem that the knife is turning too early whilst it is retracting?

I would be more than happy to get some help from you. Thanks

Dani

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:27 AM »
Hi Dani,

As Terry said previously - If you program lead-in / lead-out (in the case of holes with the same radius as the hole) at the CAD/CAM stage then there is no problem with tool rotation within the work.

Tweakie.
PEACE