Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:36:17 PM

Author Topic: PWM signal not showing correctly  (Read 9878 times)

Re: PWM signal not showing correctly
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 12:45:56 AM »
Its Working ....YIPEE !!!!

I had a missing wire from my hobbycnc earth to my Homann controller earth/ground/common...
I could not believe that i had no picked this up before. After hooking my multimeter up to the output on pin 1 and the printer port ground, the output started to change as i was inserting the speed into the spindle speed box ...i was extatic..

I still dont know how i missed this wire ...i was sure i had it ...well, it works, and now i can move on to the next level..

I`m sure i will be asking more questions as time goes on.

TWEAKIE AND HOOD, A BIG THANK YOU AND ALL OTHERS WHO CONTRIBUTED..

Andre ;D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 01:22:08 AM »
Hi Andre,

I am pleased that you are on your way. Don't forget to keep us posted with your progress.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »
hi
using z axis to control automatically a pot will be great (if a linear one selected,coding will be much easier)
but in real world,whould this be enaugh fast ? if not u'll have a spot in start/stop of every pass
another issue : how long can a pot last at this job? (it is mechanical and not designed for such cond)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 02:49:20 AM »
Hi bdn,

Jeff (JJWMACHINECO) initially used a pot, fitted to his Z axis, but as you suspect it was not very long lived.
He then switched to using an encoder and more details of his work are some further links to follow are here;  http://oplaser.co.uk/opsupport/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=491

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
hi tweakie
sorry for that ;)
i didn't note to whole pages!!