Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:55:18 PM

Author Topic: First impressions of CS-Lab products  (Read 64302 times)

Re: First impressions of CS-Lab products
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 05:14:59 AM »
I have purchased the 4-axis stepper and 6-axis S series servo controller.

The instructions are confusing. Anyone have a list of EXTRA peripheral items that has to be purchased to connect these things to the drives?

I am using gecko stepper and servo drives on 2 different systems. 1 is pure stepper motor and the other is pure servo motor.

Any help in understanding what peripheral components are required would be helpful.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
It all depends what ypou want but if a basic setup then you do not need anything extra other than the controllers and a 24v power supply.
If you want to use a MPG then you will likely want to get the MPG module, you can either get the module alone if you have a MPG you wish to use or you can get the combined module and Pendant.
Hood
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 03:28:28 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for answering that.

However ; the document says I also need ;;

E-Stop, reset buttons (no description) , Pilz safety relay, NC contacts, noise suppression, diodes, fuses, etc.

There is no information on where to get these things ;; do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:12 AM »
You do not necessarily need these although an E-Stop button is really a must. As for that and all the other parts you mention that is not really anything you would expect to get with a controller unless you were buying a complete machine retrofit kit.
 As said before it will depend on what you want whether you will need these things and you can get all these things from electrical/electronics dealers, not sure where you are in the word but in the UK places such as Chalon Components, Rapid Online, RS Components etc would all have such things, also eBay is often a decent source although it is best to check with other sources as often eBay dealers are expensive for this type of thing.

Hood
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »
Hi All,
I recently hooked up the CSMIO/iP-M.  Have had success on several big jobs.  Couple times though I've had a "lost connection to CSMIO" show up on Mach3. 

Last night I went home with the system halted in the middle of a job that has millions of lines of code.  Halted but not turned off.  At 1am there was a "time out" error that led to losing the connection.  Once the connection was lost the controller no longer had control and the motors ran to the end of the table and just kept on pushing as the limit switches were not regerstering.

Now I can not get the CSMIO and Mach3 to connect.  The little yellow light next to the ethernet cable is on and the inputs that are connected show up slightly illuminated when first turned on but then fade out.  Don't know if the CSMIO is damaged or if there is some other reason it will not connect with Mach3.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 06:49:04 AM »
Getting Time out errors suggests there is an issue right from the start, whether its your network connection or the IP-M itself I cant say.
Is your power supply to CSMIO putting out the correct voltage, also might be worth disconnecting any I/O and trying to connect again just in case one of them is pulling the power supply down.

If that doesnt help then your  best bet would be to contact CS-Lab and ask them.

Hood
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
I had the same problem.
After a reboot with the uploader program the problem was solved.

Offline mmoe

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
Boutje,
Do you mean that you reflashed the firmware to the controller?
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
Yes.

Offline mmoe

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
I just double checked Sig's controller and it is not possible to reflash the firmware. In this case, the controller won't connect to the computer, so there is no way to send the firmware to it.

When you turn it on, it sometimes flashes the "STAT"  LED in a very quick pulse, sometimes the "STAT" LED stays on but the network LED stays off, and then sometimes the "STAT" LED doesn't come on at all and the network LED slowly turns on from a dim to a bright and them goes back to dim. I think that in this case there is something wrong with the controller hardware itself, so there really doesn't appear to be a way to fix it aside from sending it back for repair.