Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:58:05 AM

Author Topic: Fillet Turn Problem  (Read 4629 times)

Fillet Turn Problem
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:12:55 PM »
Hi All
Can anyone assist me with a problem using the fillet turn wizard, I have 2 lathes which I converted and have been using for years, now suddenly neither will turn a radius or fillet, the tool turns into the job instead away from it, to the best of my knowledge, nothing has been changed in the configuration.

Brian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Fillet Turn Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
If you attach your xml and a screenshot of the settings in the wizard I will have a look and see if I can find a problem.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »
Please find attached files.

Regards

Brian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
Looks ok to me when I use your profile and settings, heres what I see.
Only thing I can think of is you may have the tooltable set to a rear tool and you are using a front tool?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
Checked front rear toolpath option, definitely all set to front. Please see attached toolpath. Can it be something with the PC, it is not connected to internet so a virus is unlikely, but when I execute the wizard, it seems to take a long time to generate the G code and invariably comes out on a watchdog error. I will send the XML from the second lathe tommorow, it will also not do a radius but the screenshot looks different and there are no watchdog errors on this machine.

Brian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »
Can you load the standard screenset and see if its the same, cant see how a screenset would make any difference but you never know. The other thing is you could attach the macro folder for the profile you are using, you will need to zip it, that way I can test fully with your config.
Are you using the parallel port as your motor tuning is way too high for 25KHz kernel and that is what your xml was set to.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
I will try some of those ideas tomorrow, I am using the parallel port, I am note sure whether the PC can run a higher kernel, I am using Servo motors with step and direction hence the high pulse rate, please note however that this machine has been in service for about 3 years now with no problems, including radius turning. I have recently changed the breakout board after a faulty MPG failed it.

Brian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
You will have issues if you have the motor tuning higher than the set kernel allows so you will either need to reduce your velocity or increase the kernel. The Kernel must have previously been higher to be able to set the motor tuning that high and then you turned it down after possibly. 35KHz would be high enough for the tuning you have set.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »
I have swapped computers, Mach was already loaded on this machine, it looks to be fine on this machine. How do I load my existing settings I.E. point Mach to use that particular XML and set file? I also created a wizard for drilling from the tailstock but cannot remember how I get Mach to see it, can you assist.
Brian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
Change the target of the shorcut you use to start Mach to look at the profile you want.
You will need to add the wizard to the Turn Addons folder.
Hood