Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:15:26 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 vs Mach4  (Read 7602 times)

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Mach3 vs Mach4
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
I have a few questions I'm hoping to get answered. This Friday I plan on buy a Mach3 lic. My first question is, when will mach4 be released and if recently purchased lic. will work with mach4 or be offered a reduced upgrade price? When mach4 drops will Mach3 support and development stop forcing me into mach4? If these questions have been answered already I apologize search didn't return them or i didn't go far enough down to see it.

Chuck

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 vs Mach4
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
There will be a few different versions of Mach4 and if you are already a Mach3 licensee then there will be an upgrade fee if you wish to do so.
Mach3 will, I would imagine, stop being updated when 4 comes out just like Mach2 and Master5 etc have been..
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
Hood, do you happen to know that if a person waited to just buy Mach 4, if it would be cheaper?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
Dave I dont know that I am afraid. I would imagine it would depend on which of the three versions you go for, the lite version would definitely work out dearer as it will cost less than Mach costs now, that is unless there is a free upgrade to it. Its unlikely that anyone with Mach3 would want to downgrade to lite version, then again I suppose they might as maybe some dont use many features of Mach and there may be some benefits to them over Mach3
Mach 4 Pro is to be priced just a bit more than Mach3 is at the moment so not sure whether the upgrade cost would just be the extra over what Mach3 is, if that was the case then there would be no more expense buying Mach3 now and upgrading later.

The there is the expert version, its mainly aimed at the commercial user and will have support contracts so unlikely many here will go for that but I would imagine if one went that way then it likely the upgrade would be the cost of that version minus the cost of Mach3.

All this is just my thinking and none of it is fact so it probably wasnt worth reading ;D

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
lol, no problem, my friend, was just curious and thinking out-loud for a bit. Thanks for the info as always-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the replys hood. I'm hoping it'll just be the cost difference, so i'm going to go ahead and purchase it on friday.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
Anybody got a 'guess' when '4' will become available ???
henri

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »
Brian is hoping the lite version will be out by the end of next month but you know what programmers are like with their time estimations ;)
Hood
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
thanks "Hood"....
Yup I know about programmer estimates ;D - I was one, then managed several while at GE.. :-X...
My interest would be in the 'hi-test' version...
Thanks,
Henri