Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:23:49 AM

Author Topic: New Computer and new install - lost home switches  (Read 2668 times)

New Computer and new install - lost home switches
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:03:44 AM »
I just purchased a knee mill cnc running Mach3 sofftware.  I needed to get a new computer due to the original one haveing numerous viruses.  I have a couple of problems that I ran into that I have been havving trouble finding the answers to:

First I set up the new computer and downloaded Mach3 and did the install.  I copied the XML file and copied it over to the the new computer.  Hooked the computer up to the machine and am able to jog in all directions but my home and limit switches are not working.  They did work prior to switching to the new computer.  Was there another files or files I needed to copy over?

Your help is greatly appriciated!  I did some playing around with this set up before switching out the computer and am very impressed so far.  I need to get to the point of loading in some tool paths as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Computer and new install - lost home switches
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
The xml file would have contained your limit/home switch settings so there must be something else wrong or possibly you copied over a different xml.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »
copy the xml over before you open mach
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Thank you!  There was two files that had the XML extension.  One was called mack3mill and the other was mycnc.  I asumed the mycnc file was the one the previous owner used.

I will try the other file.

Thanks again,

Matt
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 01:56:56 AM »
Problem fixed!!! thanks!!!