Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:42:42 AM

Author Topic: Touch Off Macro Half Works  (Read 6160 times)

Re: Touch Off Macro Half Works
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
OK, very strange behavior is happening now, see below.  But first to address the questions:

Hood - yes I'm using a licensed copy of Mach.

Gerry - thanks for the info about the safe Z retract.  I will add that back to the macro when I have figured out why it's not behaving properly after touching the plate.  For now I would be happy to get correct and consistent results from this macro.

Tweakie - I added your line "DoOemButton(1003)" where you specified.  This caused some very strange behavior.  What does this do?

1.  The direction of movement was frequently up instead of down when doing the probe move.  But it wasn't consistently wrong.  This seems to be before it even executed your new line.

2.  When your line was in the macro, after touching the plate, the machine moved on the X and Z axes simultaneously when it tried to retract.  It moved about 2 inches to the right as well as moving up about the 0.25 inches specified by the macro.

I am quite mystified by this, so if anyone can set me straight I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks to everyone.
Greg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »
Hi Greg,

Sorry to say this but it sounds to me like your problems are a lot more deeply routed than just the operation of this probing script.

As there is nothing in the probing script which could possibly command any X Axis movement you should perhaps look at your machine setup in general as it is exhibiting signs of being extremely unstable.

It could possibly be with your Mach installation, your PC, the motion controller or even electrical noise pickup on your wiring but you would be wise to investigate and resolve this issue first.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Tweakie,

Where would I even start for something like this?  I should note that the machine works fine in regular operation.  The only time I have this problem is when using this macro?  If it was a systemic problem with machine itself I would think that other odd behaviors would be showing up at other times when I'm using the machine.

Thanks for your input, I'm just not sure where to start looking right now.
Greg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
Hi Greg,

I understand your dilemma but the problem is not so much with your macro (which works fine here although, as Gerry has pointed out can be improved upon) as it is with the way in which the Mach3 software running on your PC handles it.

Because I and many others use the Auto Tool Zero function, without issue and on a daily basis I can only conclude that your problem will somehow be with your setup. If possible could you perhaps try the temporary use of another PC and see if this makes any difference ??

Tweakie.
PEACE