Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:08:49 AM

Author Topic: No motor running or axis movement  (Read 8548 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No motor running or axis movement
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
You seem to be using a non standard screenset that when I googled it said it was a Taig screenset. If you have that then possibly you will have a Taig xml on that machine which will have all the correct setting?
If you look on the diagnostics page is there a frequency and a Time in Int showing
Hood

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
My Apologies RICH, I see many threads with more than one person asking about the same question.

Peppermark, I did not intend on hijacking your thread. I hope you find your answer and are successful.
CES

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 10:24:23 PM »
The Time and Int hovers around 2.3 to 4.8, the pulse frequency is 27989 +/- 10, Blended Spd is 16.8 while jogging with the arrow keys.
I started with the setting of Mach3 and changed to inch, changed the table size and setup the "Config" menu items for Port and Pins, Motor Tuning and General Config to setup the editor to be Notepad++.exe (Freeware and a very good tool).
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
You seem to be using a non standard screenset that when I googled it said it was a Taig screenset. If you have that then possibly you will have a Taig xml on that machine which will have all the correct setting?
If you look on the diagnostics page is there a frequency and a Time in Int showing
Hood

Didn't get much of a chance to check all the suggestions out yet. That would be terrific if they have a taig xml with all the correct setting. You're right there is a frequency that is set at 25000. That I know for sure. Not sure what the inch & steps per should be but will check all the leads out more tomorrow when I should have more but not enough time. Thanks again. PSi 
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »
quote author=peppermark link=topic=22169.msg154319#msg154319 date=1344222868]
If you look on the diagnostics page is there a frequency and a Time in Int showing[
Hood

Was unable to locate a Taig xml file. All indications so far have concluded that the problem is in the configuration of the mach3 to the taig controller I'm using. I'm the last one to realize that. Apparently I'm not the only one with questions??

However, I've been able to discern what settings an information available does not work. Fortunately I was able to come across an older listing of somebody that had a Taig Microproto and was running the Taig MPS Controller with Mach3 on a DOS. Something like that?? And had posted the mach3 setting they were using. It appears to be working satisfactorily for NOW what I wanted to do, for now. I'll see what happens when I shut down & restart the system to see if all the settings have been saved.

From this day forward I will have a lot to do to test & tweet the system. Where and how to enter G-codes, etc. For now that is a bit of an update. Small step but I'm rather happy about how the configurations worked out.

A special thank you to the mach3 forum moderators, sponsors, and members that responded. For now, I need a nap. There will surely be more questions later. Kindest regards. PS

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
Good to hear you are making progress.
Hood