Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:18:22 AM

Author Topic: OEM Buttons Not Working  (Read 4448 times)

OEM Buttons Not Working
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:42 AM »
Hello All,

I am currently in the final stages of completing an old mill retrofit, however i am having trouble with OEM Buttons.
The mill is very old and is using a Glentek driver for the Z axis, Baldor drivers for the X and Y. So old infact the first thing i did was remove the ticket tape reader.

Since i have found the use of usb controllers unreliable for commercial use i have wired a series of switches to the control panel of the mill.The switches are wired into the digital inputs on my 7762 breakout board and straight into the dspmc. Their operation has been confirmed and is visible in Plugin controls, as well as the Mach3 diagnostics screen. Currently i am using the OEM Triggers for my inputs and have inputted the correct codes from MachWiki into the system hotkeys for each trigger.

The problem i am having is that the switches and OEM buttons act as they should provided a program is not running. Once a program is running the buttons are unresponsive except for the Emergency Stop thank-god.This is undesirable for me as i need to be able to pause and stop the program at the control panel as well as adjust the feedrate on the fly. Below is a list of the buttons i am trying to use and what i believe are the appropriate OEM codes.

Cycle Start (1000)
Feed Hold (1001)
Feed + (108)
Feed - (109)
Cycle Jog Mode (245)
Cycle MPG 1 Axis (175)

Another issue i am having is with my MPG wheel. I have wired an MPG wheel as a hard encoder and it works as expected. However when i press reset to stop what i am doing and then press it again to begin, Mach3 resets the machine co-ordinates and DRO's to 0 for the axis i have selected and occasionally gives a following error.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem or could shed some insite on the issues above, it would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers and Thank-you.

Re: OEM Buttons Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 07:26:36 AM »
I am using the DSPMC and I am not having the problems that you describe. I am using a Brain to get from the inputs to the desired action.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
Re: OEM Buttons Not Working
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:54 PM »
Thank-you very much Mike.

I have since used the OEM triggers initiated via a simple brain as Mike suggested. All buttons are now working correctly when a program is running and idle.

I am still having difficulty with the machine co-ordinates auto zeroing, however there are ways i can work around this.