Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:47:52 AM

Author Topic: I NEEEEED HELP!!.....fast  (Read 4700 times)

I NEEEEED HELP!!.....fast
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
hey, I have a cnc 3020 just a cheapy from china it runs fine but as its cutting away it will take off in the direction its cutting eg if i was cutting a circle it could cut half way then go off straight and ruins the work and i have to start again......had anyone had this same problem ????with 1 version of mach 3 it will cut away happily then freeze in its tracks, so i restart mach 3 run it again and same problem in the same spot. with the other version that takes off i stop it restart it the it will work fine complete the work its doing the bam off it goes again if i dont stop it it will go as far as it can then try to go further jamming the steppers....its really getting frustrating.....i cant finish any work without it doing it and since im making moulds with a fair bit of work involved i am so far behind i need this fixed ASAP so someone please help.....No other problems it does say pulsing to fast in the driver test sometimes and excellent others.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: I NEEEEED HELP!!.....fast
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:04:40 AM »
Just a few things ;

I am not knocking these machines as many people are successfully using them without issue but they are built to a price and can lack proper quality control so you need to check everything mechanical for tightness and alignment. Then check your cables / plugs / sockets and in particular the supplied parallel port cable for continuity. You may also want to look inside the control box (after unplugging the mains cable) to visually inspect the wire connections, solder joints etc.
Check that you are using the latest (lockdown) version of Mach3 http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php with a Desktop PC preferably having 5 Volt TTL logic output from the parallel port (rather than 3.3 Volt TTL), having a separate video card (rather than onboard graphics). It is also important to check that you are using a genuine Mach3 license.
Also check your CAD/CAM software Postprocessor is actually producing Mach3 compatible GCode.

Perhaps posting your Mach3 .xml file and a sample GCode file that you are using may throw some light on your problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline TPP

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
Why is it important to have a separate video card and not use integrated video?  Is this a leftover from years ago when motherboards had weak onboard video with little video memory?  I am currently using a new small form factor board with integrated Intel video with no performance issues (yet).

Also, how is it possible to have a non-genuine Mach 3 license?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:43:02 PM »
Some less scrupulous companies provide an illegal copied license file. The license should have your name on it. If it doesn't, it's not legal.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
I don't think that is totally true there are OEMs that issue licenses with the serial number of the unit it was supplied with and they are legit.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »
When you load your file into Mach it draws it on the screen. Does this drawing look correct? Or does it show this run away condition?
The reason to use an add in video card is not for video quality it is to reduce the load on the main processor and system so it can supply a
better pulse train to the drives. A video card is like a mini computer its self supplying most of the processing with minimal demands on the main system.
If you have a decent computer and aren't trying to run at 1000 ipm this isn't a problem. To test, run a part at half the speed you were and see if it fails and more importantly if it fails at the same place. Far as the quality of the basic machine I can't see that being a problem, a poor fitted machine with pinding could cause step loss which would make your cuts short not long.
When the cut runs away does this show on the trace in the display or does it show its cutting properly? This will help determine if the problem is computer related or hardware.
Don't you hate it when you ask for the wisdom of others experience and get quoted what it says in the user manual?

Steve
I have this ultimate set of tools I can fix it.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
it shows the correct picture on the screen when it runs away it shows on the screen as a different color line and shows ts not cutting what its ment to it has also started cutting in reverse if i restart it it will cut correctly then stop mid job go to the other side and then finish cutting the job in reverse
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:22:29 PM »
Can you post your file so I can test it? If its showing on the screen then Mach is commanding it. You have a start reference point! After this runaway send it back to that reference point and see if it still lines up.

Steve
I have this ultimate set of tools I can fix it.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
This may be way off base but I have read of others having problems with the cheap breakout board that comes with those routers.
I know you're looking for a quick fix but investing in a decent, USA made breakout board may do the trick.
There also have been discussions regarding noise in the system electronics due to poor grounding.
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.