Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:11:01 PM

Author Topic: Un-install & re-install changes Mach3  (Read 2094 times)

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
Un-install & re-install changes Mach3
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:57 AM »
Hi All,

I'm messing with 2 versions of Mach3 - 3.42.020 & 3.042.029

A plasma cutting plugin is installed once Mach has been installed. For certain reasons I've been un-installing Mach / plugin then re-installing to the other version of Mach.

I noticed the THC (torch height control) button was not working. This is a toggle button with an LED to go with it. I checked on another computer which had recently had the very first install of Mach and the THC button worked fine. I un-installed Mach on this computer then re-installed and the THC button did not work any more. So I've managed to repeat this problem on two independant computers.

It seems the un-install and re-install of Mach3 is corrupting something. I am now going to format the drive on my workshop computer and re-install XP. If this issue is repeatable then in my case an un-install of Mach3 means a re-install of XP just for Mach to install correctly.

Another point of note is that when I re-installed Mach3 (no plugin install yet) I opened the plasma profile and the THC button would not work (just in case the plugin is being blamed).

Anyone got any ideas ??

Cheers,

Keith.

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
Re: Un-install & re-install changes Mach3
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
Self solved - had to re-enter my Mach3 license, no THC in demo version.