Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:54:56 PM

Author Topic: GCodeIcon a program for showing the toolpath  (Read 5983 times)

GCodeIcon a program for showing the toolpath
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »
Hello

a few weeks ago, some was looking for a program which shows the toolpath from a gcode file. I've written such a program, I called it GCodeIcon . It's in a rudimentary state. I could use some help from users, who have more GCode files for testing then I have. If someone has problems it would be very helpfull, if I could get the GCode file where the problem occurred, for trouble shooting. I will take these files only for testing and promise, not to give them further.

This program is, as all of my programs, for free.

It can be downloaded form my homepage:

http://www.kd-dietz.de

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
Re: GCodeIcon a program for showing the toolpath
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Tried it out, seems mostly it does not know a lot of canned cycle g71, g73 godes, fixture offset g53 and above, g4, g92, g18, g19, g28 g31 and the text comments gives as error unhandled control word to all. I could send you several files it flagged as having issues with if you still would like.

Pretty cool though for a first beta. thanks
now to add zoom in and out and axis view capabilities.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »
Hi

if you could send me a few files for testing, that would be good. You find my Email address under the help menu.

Klaus
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
I sent several off to you in a zip file, but you do need to fix your email address in your help menu, it is missing the "@"

also the close button under setting is still in German "Abbrechen"
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »

Thank you for the files, they were a great help. In the meantime I released Beta1.04. At the moment G15, G16, G18, G19 and expressions aren't implemented yet. If someone finds bug's or strange behaviour, please let me know. It would be a great help for me, if I could get the trouble making gcode file.

Klaus
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »
Hello,

I changed the name of GCodeIcon to GCode2Toolpath. GCode2Toolpath has now the ability to show the toolpath in 2D and 3D. A few more additions:
Showing the number of called gcode words.
Under the Help menu I added a short program description.

Klaus
GCode2Toolpath DirectX error on Windows 7
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
Hi Klaus, thanks for the work on this, it's really nice. 
I am having problems on Windows7 though (works great on windows XP, but my main machine is W7).

When I use 2d, all works fine.  When I click the 3d box and restart GCode2Toolpath, I get a messagebox "DirectX Error CreateDevice".  If I click okay, then try to open a file, the program hangs forever.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jim Kath
Kath Guitars.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:57 AM »
Hi Jim,

it looks like a DirectX issue. Did you get an error message while installing? What OS are you using?

Klaus
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:52:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

It's windows7, 32 bit.  No, no error message when installing.

I tried to install a new install of DirectX, but it simply told me I had the latest version.
Thanks,
Jim
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:10 AM »
Hi Jim,

could it be you are using the windows graphics driver? I did a clean install with Win7 32Bit and had the same error message when I started GCode2Toolpath in 3D mode. After installing the manufacturer graphics driver, it worked OK. I will see what I can do to to get GCode2Toolpath work with the windows supplied driver.

Klaus