Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 09:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Scaling issue with milled product  (Read 2178 times)

Scaling issue with milled product
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and (very) new to CNC.  I've spent approx 2 months researching and trying to find all the info I can on the process for CNC..  I've got a MyDIYCNC for starters and am using CamBam / Mach3 to product the end product.  I have an issue with my first milling exercise.  Got an item in CamBam and it has all the measurements I expect.  However, when I cut it in the mill, the entire unit is being cut at a smaller scale.  However, I don't recall setting anything that would change the scaling of the milled product.   Can someone direct me as to what I should look for to determine why this is happening.  I figure the output product is approx 60% the size of what it should be.    I'll also add that I created another part (a box)in CamBam with a specific dimension 11mm x 13mm to profile and it came out to about 6.5mm x 7.5mm.  Any ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Scaling issue with milled product
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:58:29 AM »
Hi deejayspinz,

When you load the GCode for your CamBam created box into Mach3 check the Program Limits in the ToolPath display window. Does it show the correct dimensions for your box (11mm x 13mm) ??

Tweakie.
PEACE