Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:38:33 AM

Author Topic: Homing not moving  (Read 3109 times)

Homing not moving
« on: July 21, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
Hello folks, I had a computer issue and had to reload everything. I'm using Machturn. After installing all my parameters and such, I have everything working, spindle starts, I can jog both axis, I can input on the mdi  and both axis  will move. The problem I'm having is that when I try to reference home on either axis, there is no movement. Th dro's move, but no motion on the steppers. All the limits are working (I'm using proximity switches). Any thoughts???

thanks
pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing not moving
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
Attach your xml and I will have a look see if I can find the problem as it seems strange that the axis move from MDI but only the DROs move when homing.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Hood. Here's the xml.

pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
Dont see much wrong with the xml, you do have the Index pulse set to the same pin and port as the MPG but that wont affect homing. The only other thing I see is you have the homing set to 1% which will mean they will home very  slowly. Maybe that is your problem and your motors are actually moving but just that slow you are not seeing it?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
Hood, thanks a ton for checking things out. Before I read your responce, I checked my desktop and found a backup xml that I saved some time ago. I took a chance and loaded it and it worked....just had to fine tune the steppers a bit.

So after reading your responce,  I figured I check out the homing speed on my backup.................  50%. Darn it, I never thought to check the homing speed and this thing dogged me for a full day and half. I even installed a new c23 bob and ESS (been saving it for my mill project) thinking something went bad. I'll tell you this old age stuff is not for the weak..lol

thanks again
pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:45:23 AM »
Ha ha no probs Peter, I know the feeling well :D
Hood