Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:30:14 PM

Author Topic: galil 17xx and mach 3 setup  (Read 2784 times)

galil 17xx and mach 3 setup
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
I have a Galil 17xx ISA board with 100 pin connector cable running to an ICM-2900 module.  How do I configure the ports for the home X,Y,Z inputs?  The pin number and port numbers are 0.  I don't see anything in the instructions that indicate how to assign these for the ISA version only the LPT version.  If you could also instruct on how to wire in the home swithch I would appreciate it.  Do I need to see how the limit switches are set up--sinking or sourcing current for the limit switches and match them?
Thanks
Nelsonk11
Re: galil 17xx and mach 3 setup
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »
While I haven't got quite that far yet, have you registered your Galil board and then added the Galil plug in to Mach?

The galil manual is pretty clear on this part. I've done both, my computer is ready. I'm finishing up the control hardware and just waiting on a bit of advice about the VFD I/O. Then I will be where you are at. I am expecting to find or use the Galil pinouts in Mach...Steve or Kenny (Or anyone else that has been there done that) can you confirm?

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: galil 17xx and mach 3 setup
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
Nelson,
The 1700 must be registered as spelled out in the Galil manual and then you MUST download and use Galil Smartterm for testing so that the correct driver is loaded to work with the Mach/Galil plugin. You will also need to download plugin version 4.4 from the Mach web site. There is a PDF manual available for download on the same page which gives instructions regarding mapping I/O properly.
Cheers,
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.