Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:43:10 AM

Author Topic: Z switch Z home yhome led?  (Read 2055 times)

Z switch Z home yhome led?
« on: July 15, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
Ok Hello all. I am having a problem with my z axis on a plasma table . When I ZHome the zaxis drops down triggers the Z home switch but It does not reverse back up to disengage the switch.  Another thing in my DTHC manual from candcnc it says the Y led should be lite when the Z switch is triggered. About page 28 MP3000. Well my Z LED Lights up when the Z switch is triggered. The other way doesn't make sense to me. Anyway I'm using sheetcam with MACH3. I'm have got a lot of things working but many little things keeps setting me back. I'm have a hard time understanding which settings really control my torch height. Sheetcams or Mach3. Seems the learning curve is more like a circle...Not sure if I should ask MACH3 Sheetcam or CANDCNC these questions? Or just pull the torch off and do some dismantling. LOL ???  Thanks for any input, I feel like Im sooo close to it making sense

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z switch Z home yhome led?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
Well it really is a combination of things that make it all work.

You MUST tell Sheet Cam via the post how much the Z needs to lift once the Zhome trips. Then when that happens MACH3 moves to the defined height to start.

ONCE the arc starts THEN the DTHC takes over the Z and tells mach3 where to go based on arc voltage.

Are you using the G28.1 method OR the G31 method of homing the Z??

What does the first 20 or so lines of Gcode look like ???

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:26:56 PM by BR549 »