Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:09:36 PM

Author Topic: Galil & VFD I/O  (Read 2973 times)

Galil & VFD I/O
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »
I'm close to being done with my control. Last item to wire to the ICM1900 is the 0-10VDC analog output and the FWD/REV command lines to the VFD. I am using the Y axis for the spindle for my lathe. X&Z are used for motion.

So do I can I just use Output 1 & 2 on the ICM1900 (Pins 66 & 67) for forward and reverse and reference Signal Ground (Pin 74) and use MOCMDY (Pin 29) for the 0-10VDC analog output to the VFD?

I assume its pretty straight forward in Mach3 ports and pins to setup.

Its the last connector I need to wire up.

I am using AMC DC Brush Servo drives, it looks like they just need a ground input to disable the drives. That's all I had planned to use, unless its thought it would be good practice to use a contactor to open the DC voltage TO the AMC Servo amps?

Thanks in advance,
Marty
Re: Galil & VFD I/O
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
Can anyone give me a bit of advice on this?

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Galil & VFD I/O
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »
Marty,

You have it correct.  Map Mach Output 1 and 2 signals to Galil Output 1 and 2 in ports and pins.  Then use MODCMD and SGND as your 0 to 10v reference.  Then check the "Spindle is 0 to 10v" in the Galil plugin config.

For disabling the drives, I would wire the Galil AMPEN circuit to operate a Solid State Relay.  Shunt the AMC disable circuit to ground through the output side of the SSR.

Steve