Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:41 AM

Author Topic: Inputs not working  (Read 4691 times)

Inputs not working
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »
I have mach 3 setup but my inputs are not working in mach 3. The inputs are working even in the computer. I can see the input pin states change using paramon. The outputs for the same parallel port are working to drive the motors from mach3. On the diagnostics page in mach3 the pin states do not indicate a change. If i try to do automatic setup of inputs the state changes are not recognized. Does anyone know what can cause this problem and how to fix it?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Inputs not working
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
Ignore the pin state on Diagnostics page, not sure if anyone knows what it actually represents, I certainly havent been able to work it out.

If you attach your xml I will have a look and see if your config is set up correctly as that is the only thing I can think of that would  cause problems.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
Hood,

I have attached my XML file below. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
You do not have any inputs enabled except the E-Stop.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 12:57:22 PM »
You are correct. I guess I was expecting too much from the automatic setup of inputs. Once I enabled the input in the table it correctly detected the signal in the automatic setup of inputs.
And I guess the automatic setup of inputs looks at the specified port only. As you stated I had estop enabled but on port0. I switched it in the table to be port 1 and it also was detected in automatic setup of inputs.

In summary for automatic setup of inputs to work you need the input enabled and the port assigned correctly first.

Thanks for help and the simple fix.

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
No probs :)