Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:21:26 AM

Author Topic: Why changes the cordinates from mm to somthing else when i pick a gcode file???  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Hi... Im wery new to this program and badly wondurig about this. i have calibrated the mach3 software so 1 cordinate is 1 mm. when i upload the roadrunner gcode file the calibration changes so all table size cordinates are way more each cordinate therfore is all offsets wrong and way over the cnc mill board.. why`? I even tryed to make a gcode from phlatscript in mm but when i upload this the calibration of cordinates are way wrong.. when i start up the program all cordinates are good.. i really dont understand this please help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
If you attach your xml I will take a look.
Hood

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
What is an xml? gcode?

Rune

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
xml is your config settings. If you open Mach you will see lower right the name of the profile you use. Look in the main Mach3 folder for a file with that name and a xml extension. You may need to copy and rename it before attaching to the forum as the forum only accepts a file name to be uploaded once. So if you are using one of the stock profiles the forum will reject it due to it being already uploaded by someone else.
Hood

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
found it :)

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Hi.. did you look at my file?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Sorry I did look but with the forum being down the last day I could not reply and then forgot to later.
Your xml seems fine here and when I load the roadrunner it looks fine, it is a tingy dot in the corner of the table view. The reason I see it as tiny is the code is for inch units but there is no G20 in the code so Mach just displays it as native units, in your case it is mm.
So to clarify, when you start Mach you can go to MDI line and command a move and it is fine but if you load G Code then the units are way off?
Does the code you are using have a G20 at the start? If it does then that changes it to Imperial and if you dont change back to metric (G21) when trying to command a metric move then it will still think you are asking for an Inch move.
Could that be your problem?
Hood

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Well I tried to change G20 to 21 and mach3 program used metric again but the scale of my model where way smaller than designed...  I think sketchup convert to inches when I make gcode and therfore the cordinates are wrong... My cnc board limits dont work when it changes to G20... how can i fix this? is there somthing i can do so that platscript makes the gcode in metrics?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
You do not have limits on your machine, or at least according to your xml you dont.
Not sure what you mean by platscript.
Hood

Offline Rune

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Okay... need to se the totural video again i think.. maby my limits is not working.. phlatscript is a gcode plugin for google sketchup... found out that they have a new metric update that i think will solve my problem..

Many thanks