Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 03:39:22 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys and mach 3 not working  (Read 6365 times)

Pokeys and mach 3 not working
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Hi,
I recently installed a smooth stepper board for mach3. I had removed the pokeys 56u board from my setup until the new plugins arrived. Now I installed the new plugin and software pokeys. As i try to configure pokeys board thru mach 3 I am unable to get it to work. When I access the configuration screen thru mach 3 I am able to make changes but I nothing will happen with mach 3. I need some assistance. Can this be an issue with using both the smooth stepper and pokeys?

Thank you,
Raul

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys and mach 3 not working
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:33 AM »
Make sure that you have the latest Mach3 version installed (.062), latest PoKeys software and firmware (3.0.31) and the latest PoKeys Mach3 plugin.
Then - is your PoKeys56U board detected in Mach3 plugins control menu?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
NeoTO

Thank you, I did exactly what you said, and it works just fine. I uninstalled and re-installed all software and plugins and it works great.

Thanks again,
Raul
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »
Hi,

I borrow this thread since I have a similar problem. I have the latest firmware, software and plugin for mach3 installed, and I have reinstalled them as well. I have not reinstalled the mach3 software and mach3 is the trial version I have not unlocked it yet.

It did work before I upgraded the plugin and firmware +software for pokeys but as you know from a privies question I need the new functionality of external pushbuttons +relayboard from within mach3.

If I send signals from the pokeys software the hardware works like it should but from inside of mach3 nothing happens and the plugin connects ok to the pokeys hardware. I attach the config files for bothe mach3 plugin and for pokeys software.

What can I do to get it work again?
Best regards
Mikael Berglund 
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »
Hi Mikael,
First I would save your xml files so you won't loose any of your Mach3 settings. Then I would un-install Mach3 and Pokeys plugin. Re-install Mach3 version R3.043.062 and the latest Pokeys plugins and software and you should be fine.
Regards,
Raul
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 06:57:32 AM »
hi, I have done all that you have sugested, but no luck
I have the latest mach v062 and the latest pluging from pokeys
I want to use the analog input on pin 44 to control the feedrate, when i go to config plugin and set pin 44 as analog input,offset to 0 , a gain of 250 and Dro to 821 when i turn the pot the corrected value changes, this is all fine, however when i exit the config in mach the feedrate does not change and when i go back to config the values also dont change
can any one help
thanks Friedrich
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »
ok, I think i found a solution, after doing the configuration of the pokeys, you must restart Mach before you try changing the feedrate, yes sounds simple but it works
Thanks
Friedrich