Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Z axis problem  (Read 5966 times)

Z axis problem
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »
New machine loaded with Mach 3. During cut I can't get Z to move up or down. Cutting 20 guage stainless so between stainless prices and consumable price, I need help to stop dragging the tip and moving the sheet. Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z axis problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
OK look back at your message and see IF you gave us ANY clue as to what you have machine/thc  wise ??? (;-)

All I can see is that you have a plasma ?? MAYBE

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »
OK look back at your message and see IF you gave us ANY clue as to what you have machine/thc  wise ??? (;-)

All I can see is that you have a plasma ?? MAYBE

(;-) TP

Sorry. CNC plasma with everlast machine using Mach 3 and Sheetcam software. All works fine unless I need to raise/lower Z axis and it wont move the torch while machine is cutting. If machine is not cutting Z axis works fine. Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
OK all I see for everlast is they make a plasma power supply not a CNC plasma cutter.

WHere did you buy the CNC Machine?  Make and model ?? Dpo you have a picture ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
custom built, no picture. It cuts really well as long as I don't have to raise/lower torch. There has to be a setting somewhere in Mach 3 or sheet cam to stop the machine from dragging the metal during a cut.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:12:11 AM »
OK DOES the machine have a TORCH Height Control (THC) installed ?

Or are you trying to control it manually ?

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:30 AM »
OK DOES the machine have a TORCH Height Control (THC) installed ?

Or are you trying to control it manually ?

(;-) TP

NO torch height control... I want to control it manually if possible. Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »
OK 2 ways to do it  IF you want to run it from the keyboard Go to Config /Pinsports and enable the inputs for thcup and thcdown. Then click on Emulate and select a Hotkey for the event for each .

At that point restart mach3 and you should be able to raise and lower the Z running a program.

2nd option (best( is to setup to real intut switches and wire them into the port that way you can bring the switchs with you to the table for a closeup veiw and adjust it on the fly
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 12:55:52 AM »
OK 2 ways to do it  IF you want to run it from the keyboard Go to Config /Pinsports and enable the inputs for thcup and thcdown. Then click on Emulate and select a Hotkey for the event for each .

At that point restart mach3 and you should be able to raise and lower the Z running a program.

2nd option (best( is to setup to real intut switches and wire them into the port that way you can bring the switchs with you to the table for a closeup veiw and adjust it on the fly

Thanks SO much. I will set that up Monday soon as I get off work to come home to go back to work.lol. I ran an ESAB cnc with Hypertherm for years 1996 model with up/down z axis button  but wanted my own machine so spent my savings and bought one. Thanks again BR549.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
Didnt work. ??? Now the X motor runs like it has brakes applied. Guess I will figure it out when the time is right.