Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Locating Breakout Board  (Read 4796 times)

Locating Breakout Board
« on: January 13, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
I am wanting to add limit switches to my Taig 3-axis mill and cannot figure out what type of break out board to use.  I have contacted two different companies (including Bob Campbell Design which has been mentioned here as a good source) and asked about their boards, but have not received any responses (couple of messages to each over a week period).

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Bob @ BobsShop

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
Re: Locating Breakout Board
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
I personaly don't use a breakout board. The circuit for adding limit switches is pretty simple. If your interested I can try to post the circuit. If you feel mor comfortable using a breakout board I'm sure either of the two you contacted will do the job for you.
Ryan

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »
I use http://www.cnc4pc.com C11 board, always been good for me.

Graham.

Without engineers the world stops

Hood

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »
Have used a PMDX122 on the Bridgeport CNC and its been good, costs about $80 www.pmdx.com
Have a CNC Building Blocks one for the Lathe I am doing, it has a feature I want (Index homing) Not used it yet as I am still waiting for encoders and such before I can get into the final wiring and putting together. It looks a very nice board, costs about $140 www.cncbuildingblocks.com

Hood

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
Hi Hood,

which encoders did you go for?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Hood

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
Hi Hood,

which encoders did you go for?

Graham.

I went for ones from US Digital, they left the USA on the 30th and tracking says they arrived in the UK yesterday. The plane must have gone the scenic route ;) Hopefully I will get them on Monday but the way its been going it may be next year before I eventually get them.
Hood