Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:24:20 PM

Author Topic: Threading problem  (Read 2833 times)

Threading problem
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »
Hi All

We're updating our motion control plugin from milling only to operate with a lathe and so I've set up Mach3 for threading using an index pulse pretty much as per the Mach3_Threading.pdf.

If I select "Spindle Feedback in Sync Mode" and program a G76 the diagnostics indicate "Wait For Trigger" and it just sits there. We never see "Threading" light up.

I can see the index pulsing on the diagnostic page and it seems to work with Spindle Feedback in Sync Mode" not selected (although I understand that this isn't the way to go).

The plug-in updates the digital IO in the "Update" function 10x per second.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sean

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Threading problem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
Try changing the index debounce as that defines how manny times Mach must assert that it has a valid index signal.
10 works fine for me, some use lower or higher value.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »
Hi Rich

Thanks for the reply. I tried setting both the debounce interval and index devounce to 10 and no change...

Our plugin reads axis position profile data from the Trajectories.Points buffer and sends them down our own queue to the closed loop servo controller. I'm having a chat with Art to try and understand how this should work with threading. I'm confused as to the differences between the parallel port type plugins and those like ours that just take the profile from the buffer.

Regards

Sean

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »
Sean,
No knowlegde here on plug in's and Art should be able to pinpoint what is wrong. Let me know what the outcome is.
Thanks,
RICH