Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:18:10 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 not responsive to computer controls. PLEASE HELP!!  (Read 2851 times)

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my Mach 3 machine.

I checked that it was in the right printer port from the mach support videos and made sure the circuits and and everything is in tact. Everything seems to be correct but my computer controls for the mach 3 program is still not controlling the actual machine. Do I have to uninstall it and reinstall it again maybe? For some reason when I programed the mach 3 on my computer I did not have to do any further installing, instead I only opened through it from my USB drive. The controls on my jog seem to work but nothing on the machine is responsive! 

Also, my computer is running on Windows XP 2002 on a 32-bit.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANKS!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 not responsive to computer controls. PLEASE HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
Do you have the correct port address set?
Not sure what you are meaning with the bit about the USB drive, can you elaborate on that a bit please?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
I got everything to respond from the computer to the machine. I was running on an uninstalled version of the mach3 somehow? I just reinstalled it and it works fine now, thanks!

I'm actually having trouble with homing now. I am very new to the machine and have a hard time understanding the difference between:

-how the soft min/max sets the limits for my mach3
-setting the correct display mode/scale for my tool path
-how to set up my machine coordinates (I don't have my limit switches hooked up yet either, so i'm not sure if its possible to set up the coordinates without them)

and also my Tool path does not show the design of my Gcode on display.

Any advice? Again, I am very new to this machine, and have no idea where to start... hoping i'll understand it all very soon!

V

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »
If you do not have home switches then the only way to effectively home is move the axis fully negative for X and Y and fully positive for Z, you can then press RefAll button and you have just set the machine coords to Zero.
You can then set up softlimits, the Xand Y min and Z max will be Zero and Xand Y Max will be the travel you have on each axis, Z Min will be the travel of the Z but it will be a negative number.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
Thanks Hood I got everything to work properly!

V