Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:58:01 AM

Author Topic: JNC-40M configuration?  (Read 25048 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Re: JNC-40M configuration?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »
Hi 888,
Like you, I'm also trying to get the rotary ( if that's what you call a lathe) to work. My machine was built as a 3 axis + rotary, what that means is that one of the axis, X or Y is swapped for the rotary when it is  needed. As for me, this was not acceptable, so I ordered another axis driver, and wired it into the PLCX 6045M board. that board had provisions for 4 axis, however the rotary  didn't work. The manufacturer told me I need an other 4axis board, so I ordered one, and now the rotary works. I still have to get a proximity switch for homing it, than to configure it to run with Mach3.  It may be another to weeks before I can report on it.
Mike
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »
Hi mvoros, thanks for answering.  Yes, what I call lathe is the rotary axis.  When I bought my machine it arrived bended so I just concentrated on learning how to use the milling bench and that's what I've done so far.  Anyway, I don't quite get you when you say X or Y is swapped to the rotary when needed, is that done automatically?

The other problem with my rotary is that it wasn't connected when the machine arrived (quite conveniently for the manufacturer) so I haven't even figure out how to do it, but you say that replacing the controller board could help.  Where can I buy one? At some point I'll have to do it anyway if I want my router 100% operational.

Thanks for the tips and good luck with your proximity switch

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
Hi Friend,
You leave lot of unanswered questions. How did they sell you the router, 3 axis + rotary? ( typically this is how they build the routers in China) If so, than you have X, Y, Z axis plus the rotary. This makes your machine just 3 axis and a rotary (or as they call it: lathe). Is there a connector at the end of the rotary wires? If there is, than there must be a connector on the control cabinet to plug it into. In this situation, you should have about a foot of wire sticking out of the cabinet that can be unplugged. Than you have to plug in the the rotary's plug. For the rotary motor to run, it needs a driver, therefore, it takes the X axis or the Y axis's driver to to run the rotary, depending witch axis does the rotary revolves around. Mine rotates around the (long) Y axis. If you bought the rotary separate, than it's a different ballgame. I need to know what exactly you have, before going into how I've done mine. Post pictures, or email me the pictures, of the rotary, the inside of the control cabinet.
Have a nice day,
Mike
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »
Hi Mike, long story short the machine shipped without the rotary, when I requested the missing piece it was expedited but it came unusable and the manufacturer (Chinese indeed) didn't use insurance for the parcel so I ended up with a half operational router and no support from the seller.  At least I could learn milling at that point and sad but true so I consider myself very lucky of what could have been a more catastrophic transaction.

The only thing I see is the cables from the stepper motor for the rotary that need to be connected to the controller board.  I'm fairly new opening the electronics cabinet on my router but I'm starting to loose my fears on the issue.  I don't see a plug so that means I'll have to connect the motor using the other motor's color codes as reference.  I'll just have to figure out the correct terminal block on the board (if there's one otherwise I'll have to get a new board).

I'm pretty sure the rotary will be revolving around the Y axis just by looking at the setup of the router.  The other thing I'm lacking is a module to control the rotary from my current software which is the main reason I'm on this forum.  

Since I'll have to get the software installed in order to control the hardware I guess my first approach will be taking a good look at the board.  I'll try to post some good pictures of it.

Thanks.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »
Hi,
Well it seems I won't be much help to you. Try and find someone near you that went thru such installations before. Since the rotary was sent to you at a later date, the motor wire colours may not be the same as the other motor wires. I think they just went to a warehouse picked one up to send it to you. Sounds like your router was built to be just a 3 axis machine. If you want it to be 4 axis (meaning the rotary), than you need another driver, like you now have for the X&Y, and probably a 4 axis USB control board also. Is the software that runs the machine now NCStudio?
Mike
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
Yeah, somehow it's a possibility, that would explain why I never got support back from the manufacturer.  If that's the case I will have to buy the new board to include the rotary, I've been looking on Ebay and there's a couple options that I'm evaluating right now.

The software I'm using right now is NCStudio indeed, not very useful for my purposes but it taught me how to run basic operations.  I mean the router could have been a great one if the manufacturer would've included a manual or some links to videos on their product, but I guess that's too much asking, or they're just interested in selling and after that they just don't care what happens to their products.

Well thanks Mike, I really feel more confident to start the brain surgery on my router.  It'll take a while I guess.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
I had mine built, so Mach3 will run the machine since I'm used to it. Did yours came with a CD? If it did there should be a manual on it, although it is written in Chinglish.
very hard to understand, but it could be some help to you.
Good luck,
Mike
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
Man you were damn right, I got ripped by this company.  I opened the router and there's only three motor controllers clearly labeled as X,Y and Z. I already ordered the extra controller and a new break out board.  I'll try to reuse the rest of the stuff but I think I will be dealing with the rewiring in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the advice.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
Is there anyone in Los Angeles area that could help me with a JNC 40M setup?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 03:52:05 AM »
Ah, I configured the spindle settings to what was shown in a screenshot in the JNC manual, which was different than what was pre-configured. I reset the settings, and now the spindle works. I probably should have thought of that first :)

Have you been able to automatically start the cooling pump?

can you post a picture of this manual? I haven't got it... mine is a JCUT1218B. nice machine. I need to swap x and y and I do not know how to setup the spindle in mach motor tunning... I noticed that the bed is not levelled...I guess I will have to mill a wood template to get all flat.