Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:18:34 AM

Author Topic: DrillMaster Conversational drilling WIZARD  (Read 3490 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
DrillMaster Conversational drilling WIZARD
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
IF anyone out there does plate drilling here is a Wizard I developed for a screenset we built to do plate drill here at the shop.

It has several functions such as

Reading from Blueprint:

1. Manual drilling by inputting the xy values and selecting a drill cycle. It performs the drilling as you go. It will rapid from point to point as you go. It also can do a bolt circle pattern as you define it.

2. Gcode creation through the wizard process. Same as above BUT it does not drill the hole it just creates a Gcode file. You start the Record session AND select a Project FILENAME and then proceed through the blueprint reading and inputing. You also have full tool change input as you go. You also have full editing control as you go so IF you mess up you can edit and correct on the fly. When you are done close the session and Exit back to MACH3. The wizard will have SAVED the program in the Gcode directory as well.

3. Reverse engineer an existing plate drill pattern with the use of a PROBE to probe the hole centers and select the proper TOOL and drill cycle for each hole.

I will place it into the Mach Tool Box for those interested. I converted it from the screensets we run in the shop.

(;-) TP

Re: DrillMaster Conversational drilling WIZARD
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
Hey TP, that is pretty cool !  No, Really cool ! ! !
But, I think I broke it already.

All 3 drill cycles work fine when Bolt Circle is selected, both Auto Drilling and Recording.
But, the G81 does not cycle here when selected in either Auto or Record modes.
It posts a move to the R height, then continues to the next Safe Z, X,Y move.

Is it somethinh here ?
Can you verify ?

Thanks,
Russ  (sorry)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:27:31 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
No wait, 81 does not work in the RECORD mode only, sorry bout that. :P

Here are the settings I used and the produced code.

There should be 6 holes, all the same.
Notice the first ones have  +Z for the depth which throws an error, then the rest are mysteriously switched to -Z as they all sould be ?

Start fresh, hit RECORD , make a short move, hit G81 and there is gads of code produced ... like the sample.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
HIYA RUss Try this Version I think I found the problems

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
Much, MUCH better.

Very nice work TP !

Thanks,