Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:36:51 PM

Author Topic: Installation problems  (Read 2538 times)

Installation problems
« on: June 17, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
I am using MACH3MILL_install_config.pdf to guide me through the installation of MACH3. The install goes well driver test program is ok, but the control screen has the end letters of many of the button names cut off and when I jog with arrows or buttons the readouts don't change. the other buttons work, but I am stuck here until I can figure this out.I have a 3gig pentium4 and 3 gig memory with two monitors. I have tried different screen settings, running MACH3 on either monitor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice. Also in MDI mode it doesen't run the lines and I can't delete them using esc.del, or backspace.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:37:20 AM by cmike »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Installation problems
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
For the buttons it could be the way you have the windows icons set up?
For the jogging, have you set up motors and enabled them in Ports and Pins?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply I found the pins and outputs in FAQ just a few minutes ago and that fixed the jog problem. I'll try the icons next.
thanks again
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:17:16 PM »
If you are referring to the file extensions that is an easy fix. On Windows 7 go to Control Panel>Folder Options>View (tab)>uncheck the box that says 'Hide extensions for known file types. I'm not positive but I think XP is the same. If not, it is similar. That will show your extensions such as .pdf, .xml, .jpg, etc.