Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:35:41 PM

Author Topic: y axis changing direction while running g code  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: y axis changing direction while running g code
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
Ok that looks a bit more like it :) Still dont see anything wrong though so probably is hardware.
What you could do is swap the pins in Mach for X and Y and see if it now happens on the X (Machs X)
Hood
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
ok did the swap i do believe i have a hardware issue with my new controller, thank you for your help on this i really apreciate it
i'll let you know if a new controller fixes it
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
ive changed drivers ive changed motors ive changed pc's nothing helps i did the swap with x&y axis and still the same problem with X being on Y's slot it will run straight for a few seconds but if it has to stop and do a lil jog it will reverse direction but the counter continues going as it was  like telling it to go 20 inches then stop to cut hole it will start ok but then it changes direction when it should be going as it started and the counter keeps going up
i hope this helps
Doug

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 02:09:01 AM »
Hi Doug,

The tb6560 controller works best with a 5Volt TTL signal, if your parallel port is only outputting a 3.3Volt TTL signal then this could be the cause of your problem. Check your X axis Direction pin with a voltmeter - it should switch between 0V and 5V (approx.) depending on the direction of motion.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
heyyy thanks Tweeky
i will check that and see but isnt it ironic that two pc's would have the same problem ?
this just all of a sudden happened it was working great a week or so ago themotor will make a growling sound then take off in another direction (I think its haunted lol)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
Hi,

I have just finished starting up my first small router, and I'm also using the TB6560 controller.

I have the exact same problem, and just wanted to know if you were able to solve it - or should I start looking for a new board :(

Thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
hi
the people that sold me the tb6560 took it back as defective and are replacing it with a new one
i also bought a quickcnc driver board works pretty good so far

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 04:10:49 AM »
mactire
Attach your xml and I will check your config in case it is a problem with it.
Hood