Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:26:49 AM

Author Topic: windows 7  (Read 2468 times)

windows 7
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »
Hi guys, I haven't been around lately because I has been overseas for a couple of years now.  I have just recently instilled Window 7 on my desktop and I seem to be having problems with my Mach3 Pro board.  First of all I reinstalled Mach3 and the jog function doesn't work now. I can't find the documented information on the board anymore due to a lot of things changing while I was away. I am using 130 style stepper motors and trying to get my old CNC started again. My controller is a rev 1 unipolar stepper motor unit. I will keep looking around for my manual but I believe its been thrown out at some stage. I have forgotten settings and program setup. For some reason, I am not sure of my speakers on my desktop aren't working anymore.

Overview needed:
Direction pinouts and step pinouts
Manuals
updated software to run Win7 operating system (including Updated info)

Re: windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
is the driver board a hobby cnc pro board?

John

ps. if so the pinouts should be printed on the surface of the board.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:34:36 PM by woodspinner »
Re: windows 7
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
SOLVED: After installing Win7 and reading the guidelines on using the software (MACH3). I decided to firstly reinstall MACH3 and run the DriveTest.exe file, this indicated that my clock speed was faster than the clock of 25 hz, so I changed it to 35Hz and the program is running fine now.