Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:25:07 PM

Author Topic: cv problem... done lots of reading, im stumped.  (Read 2571 times)

Offline abhi

•  24 24
    • View Profile
cv problem... done lots of reading, im stumped.
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:02:54 AM »
hi, im just setting up a new machine, its a gantry with ball screws driven by steppers (3.5a 387 oz.inch), gecko g540 and of course mach3 running under winXP. Im still working out the right tuning for the motors but everything works well when jogging around.

the thing that is giving me trouble is getting any kind of smoothness out of the machine when running gcode, it seems to be behaving as though its in exact stop mode. after exhausting all the recomended setting then trying rediculous settings, i thought is could be an issue with accel/decel values so i tried real slow through to almost painful.

the file im running is the road runner so i dont think its the gcode, the settings i gave are holding between restarts of mach3. Ive also added the G64 code to make sure that its turned on. ive hunted across the interweb trying to find the same issue but havent found anything the same save for when people are running it in exact stop mode.

...could it be an inch/mm thing? im running mm for units.

any help would be very appreciated  :)

Offline abhi

•  24 24
    • View Profile
Re: cv problem... done lots of reading, im stumped.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
well... turns out that I had tried everything EXCEPT the thing that would fix the problem. Seems that I neglected to notice the CV feed rate on the settings page/panel/tab as it was set to +1.0000 ARG! anyway all good and running supper smooth now just tweaking acceleration/deceleration settings to keep the cut crisp within reason.