Hello Guest it is November 16, 2019, 06:31:36 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 stopped working  (Read 3432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mach 3 stopped working
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
I stated the machine and cracked up my mach 3, first time got the screen up but the mouse didn't work, had to reboot with reset, started Mach 3 again and got the ribbon at the top you know file edit view bla bla, but screen blank, all the ribbon works but no DRO showing or nowt, any steer would be good, do I need to reinstall Mach, is the PC failing any clue would be good.
many thanks in advance,
Regards Paul

Offline Tweakie.CNC

*
  • *
  •  8,000 8,000
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Mach 3 stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Hi Paul,

Click on - View ; Load Screens : 1024.set.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Re: Mach 3 stopped working
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »
Hi ya Tweakie,

I've got a problem that seems to be kind of strange.  I recently change some equipment on my wife's CnCQuilter, added a new carriage.  Didn't make any changes to the electronics or the computer or software.  When my wife started sewing with the quilter, we noticed that the direction of travel was reversed in the X-axis.  Instead of going left when the left arrow was pressed, it went right, and when the right arrow was pressed, well you get the picture.  The Y-axis was not affected.  Also, we noticed that the patterns seemed to sew out larger than they should be.

Any ideas?

Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

*
  • *
  •  8,000 8,000
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Mach 3 stopped working
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »
Hi Larry,

Changing the 'Dir Low Active' state (in Config / Ports and Pins /  Motor Outputs) for your X axis will solve the left / right direction issue but why this should suddenly have happened is a mystery to me.

As for size - check that your Scale DRO's read 1.0000 and perhaps also check that your Steps Per Unit are still correct (Config / Motor Tuning).

There have been some instances lately with either corrupt .xml's or Mach reverting to using an earlier .xml but this again is a mystery to me.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.