Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Spindle control lost after PC computer changeover.  (Read 2585 times)

Spindle control lost after PC computer changeover.
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
I wanted to streamline my installation and replaced an old big tower with a small desktop PC. Sorry for long winded interlude. I transferred the XML file to the new PC, everything seems to work, except the spindle will not turn. I have checked outputs on the DB25 with DVM, and they are same on both computers. I have the old one next to it and when I change it back, it runs fine. Any clever clogs there?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle control lost after PC computer changeover.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
If the outputs are the same when you measure with the meter then it has to be a hardware issue. Could it possibly be that the voltages are just a bit lower on the new compters port than the old one and that your spindle controller needs more?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
check the bios on the new computer to see if the parallel port setting is on ECP, if it is change it to EPP. This is known to stop the spindle signal.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »
check the bios on the new computer to see if the parallel port setting is on ECP, if it is change it to EPP. This is known to stop the spindle signal.
You are fantastic! You did it... Changed from ECP to EPP and I am in business. Great, thank you very much! And YES, you are ANGEL!