Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:00:25 AM

Author Topic: x axis mounted and working, y & z stalling!  (Read 13737 times)

Re: x axis mounted and working, y & z stalling!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
hello,
I'm affraid I haven't bought a copy of mach, I was going to buy once I had it up and running. Are the downloads all demo until you activate them, or is that only available on mach2? If not then I'll just have to plug at mach2 until I have the money for mach3...
thanks for the time,
Steve

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »
Yes, you can download Mach3 demo.  (you've probably already figured this out).  You can do quite a lot with the demos.

You can also install Mach3 without un-installing Mach2.  Just don't run them at the same time.  This will allow you to use Mach2 while getting acquainted with Mach3 
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 04:19:11 PM »
Cool,
Thank you Bloy! At least I can find out this solves my problem!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »
ok,
I've downloaded mach3, set up my pins for the steppers and put in the address of the parallel port. Now nothing works. Are you sure that you can have mach2 & 3 on the computer at the same time? I'm not using them at the same time. Is the there anything else I need to input re configuration other than what I've already mentioned?
Steve

Hood

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
Yes you can have Mach2 and 3 on the same computer without a problem, just as long as you dont try and use both at the same time.
 Make sure you have the axis enabled (often overlooked ;) ) also make sure you have the port set for each axis (1 or 2)
Hood
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
I'm really confused now!
It appears that I can only control the x axis with mach2 and only control the y axis with mach3! Everything else stalls pending on which program I use. Anybody got any ideas?
I've made sure that all the axis are enabled and all the axis are set to port 1 as there is no port 2. I really don't know what to do now.
Steve

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »
Hi Steve,
   Check your motor tuning settings in Mach 3. I can help more Monday if you you don't have it straight by then.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
Can you attach the your xml file for both Mach2 and Mach3 and I will see if I can find a problem. To attach them go to the full reply page and you will see a button for advanced options, use that to attach the files by browsing to your Mach folders and selecting the Mach3Mill.xml and Mach2 one also.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »
Hello,
I've had a go at the motor tuning, reduced it right down but had no joy. Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem guys!
the mach2 xml is posted earlier, please find attached the xml for mach3.
Steve
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
doh!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:16:54 PM by quinny »