Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:09:06 PM

Author Topic: driver for moschip 9865 , Pleeeeze !  (Read 4852 times)

driver for moschip 9865 , Pleeeeze !
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »
Could some one please send me a driver they know will work for this pci card?, ive been on it for a long time,, got 2 axis working with one driver, now i'm back to one, ive uninstalled, reran programs ect, no luck, what a waste of time, I have heard guys got them working, figured they would work some how... my email is  dan@lockingoilplug.com, Thanks,Dan
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:51:15 PM by shortdog »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: driver for moschip 9865 , Pleeeeze !
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
What makes you think it is the port that is the issue? I am thinking it more likely the TB driver board you have is the problem, either you are not setting the correct pins or it itself is faulty.
To test unplug the  cable from the parallel port and use a volt meter between a Gnd pin  and a pin you set as a Dir and jog the axis back and forth and see if the voltage changes from 0 to 5v. Move to the next Dir pin and jog that axis etc etc. You will have to set the E-Stop input as Active Low for these tests if it is not already that way or otherwise you will not be able to bring Mach out f reset to test.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
I'll check the pins now,Thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »
well, I have 13.9 VDC going into the board, off  a large deep cycle battery, and I'm running a board profile for the board, but it matches the profile I had saved, ports and pins, I measured voltage on a older 1.5 battery and got 1.4, then a 9 v and got 9.6, that ones new, so the volt meter is good, the board was working fine, I have 2 boards, both work fine, only thing is I did get 3.0 volts at the inputs out of the ports you suggeseted. I grounded between the dir and step pins, but when I plug it into the board, only z and e move, but its not the motors, and both boards are the same, The other computer with the same driver is pushing a little less voltage. I didnt get any action on the vender supplyed driver like many post say, moship, was out for the weekend, called them this morning, no wonder I couldnt find the drivers, I did a lot of searches.., they sold to ASIX.com, whoudathunk,  I did find one driver a guy said works, but coulnt get it to load with the card, I think my problem might be low voltage, Thats what took me so long ,I was doing reasearch,  Just because z and e work better, I thing they really reqire 5 volts, the boards were working fine.I had them on old desk tops, minimum requirements, on crashed I figured the other would too. I'm going to buy calyspo msm probably for the probing funtions.
The bummer is I bought these from a cnc board dealer, I got a deal on 2 olds micro servers, without pci cards, so I wasnt really prepaired, I fiigured That a pci printer card would work, at least from them, I told them what I had, a 4 axis tb6560 isnt a rare board,and as long as hes been in business, he out to have some kind of capatabilty chart, I didnt mind footing the extra 10 bucks a board, but he out to know that those are low voltage if he selling them, From the post ive read now, That causes a lot of wasted time for a cheap board, hell ,find out what a guy needs , if I needed a 5 volt card, why sell me a 3 volt ca? serdll me a 5 volt card, and have a driver that he know works..I was supposed to measure the voltage between the step and dir?I'll check between a ground, pin 18-25 are grounds? ok I just checked, I get the same, I guess z and e will work on lower voltage, i'll put this computer on the other board,and see what happens
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:59:12 PM by shortdog »
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »
[ok, on the other board, z gurgles a little, still no action from y and x, voltage?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
PP cards can be low, high or dual voltage. IE; 3.3, 5 or both and there is usualy a jumper that you can set if dual voltage output.
To change state there needs to be an adequate voltage change at the pin and depending on the computer you will need a 5.5 card.
 FWIW,
RICH

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 06:09:20 AM »
Could some one please send me a driver they know will work for this pci card?
It may be that the card simply cannot do what you want. Sure, it can drive a printer no trouble, but experience in many different interfacing fields shows that NONE of the available PCI/PP cards can do what the original PP port on a mother board could do. They just aren't built that way.
Yeah, been there, fought that one too.

Cheers

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
I think you will find the LAVA brand cards are even BETTER than an original MB lpt port (;-) AND fastest of them ALL.

Cheap NO, Works YES.

Been there tested that one, (;-) TP