Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:48:52 AM

Author Topic: help please searching moschip site for down load , cant seam to find the right p  (Read 3645 times)

( news flash) I think I found the instructions of hoe to find tthe driver on moschip  " pci connectivity", though I would keep some from answering what I just found out, still don know how to install and where to find that info,Thanks) Nope that didnt work, crap, I guess I'll call then on monday, unless I could get some help..I tried to search the moschip site for a whqldriver, xp 32 bit drive 9865, I must not be searching right, I tried to search this site but must not be doing that correctly iether,  Windows is assighning drivers for this new pci card, I'm probably going to have to figure out how to delete the windows drivers, it wont let me assighn a differt driver, Its at lpt 2 and I checked the lpt 2 box, and put in the correct address. it wont let me reasighn that pci card to port 1 even after I uninstalled the stock driver, and there isnt even a pci card there to install but it keeps installing it at reboot,I read the whql windows 32 bit driver is the one I want at moschip, I cant seem to get there, and I get the usual crap every where else that wants me to install driver detective, or somthing else. looks like I'm going to have to experimint with ports and pins, but I need the correct driver first, I ran a new xp, nothin else, but the new mochip pci card was in there, I guess I'll unplug that and uninstall, then try again.Maybe it will let me install the driver I have, it says windows cannot find a better driver, but I know that driver works a little because I was able to install it before, now with a fresh mach3 install, every thing is differnt.
I'll try to find out how to uninstall all the pci windows drivers and then see if it will let me at least install the moschip driver I have,Thanks,Dan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:22:05 PM by shortdog »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
In device manager go to your PCI card then right click and properties (or double click it ) then to driver tab and tell it you want to update the driver, choose "no not at this time" then next then "Install from a list...." then next then choose " Dont search...", choose the type of device if its not already at the PCI port in the list then choose "Have Disk" then browse to where you have the downloaded driver and click on it then follow any other instructions.
Hood
Ok, I manually took the card out, I think that windows assighned title and windows driver, because I left the card in and did a complete new installation, It was beeing identified as a windows pci, and ther was 2,I deleted all the pci, rebooted, then stuck the card back in followed those instructions and it is now identified as a moschip pc1 card, the assigned card that wasnt there is gone now, I was able to install the driver I had,and was able to assight lpt 1 to the card,( before I could not, even after unistalling the other supposed card)
so now I guess i'm going to start at ports and pins for the 3rd day. I just got the computer, Its old but good, I didnt know it had 2 hds in it, all the screwing with the old installs and new installs, the hd was leaking through and I wasnt deleting all the stuff I thought I was, I unplgged it, I only need 1, then I ran the xp install and did every thing fresh, and a fresh mach 3, and now the card in with that drver,I'll reboot and try to do ports and pins. Thanks Hood, is there a systematic approceh so I dont waste a lot of time, are the 1-9, or could they be somthing else?, or a seies of numbers to start?, I have a tb6560 driver board, and 3 6 was working on x and 98 was working on the 4th axis, I  plugged the z motor in there, I got them working a while back, but that was a diferant computer, and differnt config. now i'm in the dark with a lathe and mill to set up,Thanks,Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
You should have info with the tb board that tells you which pins are which.
Hood
Ok, I did, I also read the ports and pins were differnt than the page, so I got out my files I backed up, they match the pins on the manual for the boards so they must be right, I got a crash coures on how this all goes together[, I dont do a lot of computer work, Ive been learning the cad and cam programs, and setting up the tooliabrary, then my time was focused on learning the calyspo msm, I still need to study more, I really like the function of probing post and holes, and the off set system so the part dosent have to be alighned, Beetween drawing datums, learning the cad, /cam, off sets on the lathe and mill, tool liabrary,radias mode, diam mode, lathe drawings with datum at cenetrline,I thought would help me with the center drilling off sets, and trying to learn some basic g code, had me goin for a while, I'm back on that after I get the computer delima solved, Setting up the network was where the computer crashed, driver conflict. See I got this great idia that I could net work the computers, draw at my desk, send the g code over, then If I had to make any adjustments, I could use remote desk top, that would keep mee from wearing out the memory sticks and the usb plugs and the dongle.
Ive since found out that there is a setting in the network that might actually allow me to do that to keep the process from causing problems. Ive also found out that you really shouldnt have a bunch of crap on the computers, that run the machine controller, but it hadnt been a real problem, I had all kinds of stuff on one computer and some on the other, then it crashed, so I guess I'll get every thing running good, then go back to the network,I set up, but since erased whil waiting for the cards, though that might be the problem, but see how it goes, if it causes problems,, maybe just file sharing.after the crash I decided to just run fresh installs, back up the profile, and if it crashes or starts getting buggy, I can just reload, nothing on it now but mach 3 and xp. I plan on experiminting with more stuff as time goes by. addons , ect.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:18:09 PM by shortdog »