Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:11:54 AM

Author Topic: New to all this!  (Read 11966 times)

New to all this!
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »
Im new to all this stuff but it is really cool! I have a CNC 5 axes mill and mach 3, which Im just learning. I intend on taking CAD classes and learning cam soon. Anybody want to take a stab at some gcode for this sign I want to make? Material will be 6 inches high and 10 inches long mdf. I was thinking inside cuts on the letters and ducks and just outline the arkansas one time and then inside on the star. Is this possible or am I off on my drawing? I just was trying to get something to start on, any suggestions will be appreciated! I just dont know where to start so I thought here would be great. I tried someones DEER COASTER which turned out pretty cool! Only I did them with a 45* bit instead of 60 and that made them a little off. But I liked them. Also I liked the Walking trail Man that thing was smooth! Any help to this beginner would be musch apreciated! Maybe I can return the favors one day!
Re: New to all this!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
LOL I forgot to attach files lol!  ::)   I also have leaf that may be easy let me know what you guys think.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:38:07 PM by mcateercustom »
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »
I didnt realize how big the pics would be sorry.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
about 4" x 4" leaf
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
Thanks; this turned out to be the first part on my new Stainless Steel tubing and Aluminum plate built base, using brushless DC Servo's  :)
stout, fast, accurate machine, loving it already
Dynomotion Kflop / Kanalog system +/- 10volt

Did change the feed rates to all 30 ipm (could have went much higher) took 22 minutes to complete
0,0,0 is the center of the block, top face
I used the back of another test block (Plyboo) testing the CO2 laser.
Linseed oil finish.

Thanks again for the interesting design
Love those challenges
Ya-Nvr-No

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
 ;D  :o   Awe SWEET!!! Cool man that looks awesome! I cant wait to try this now! what bit did you use? It looks reall good! What wood is that. I like it 

**Leaf is subject to the copywright of Life Chruch Magnolia, Magnolia, Arkansas. Design is intented for those who will use it for personal use and enjoyment only.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »
that is very cool.but like mc said, we need a little more info. and i do have a ?. how does one take a pic like this and end up with a g-code in the end? i am new to all this dxf, resize, transport, import and who knows what ever else there is. just asking.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
Can I do what you did with that leaf in CamBam? Or take the mcateer custom image and do to it in cambam what you did to the leaf?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:16 AM »
CAMBAM will convert bitmaps to height maps so in theory yes you could do it, I have not tried it so I can not give a definite answer.

Graham

Without engineers the world stops

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 06:25:27 AM »
Not sure on this but Cambam may not account for vee type  or ball ended cutters.
RICH