Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:06:13 AM

Author Topic: Super sized  (Read 2720 times)

Super sized
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
I am very new to all of this and have 2 issues:

My most important: I did a test cut (router) of the letter A....I said I was new..... I am using BobCad, the size of the letter was to be 3". It came out 3 11/16". Also the plunge was to be 3/9" and was 5/8+.  The 2nd plunge was the right 3/8.  On another trial cut the lettering was to be 4" high and 32" wide.  It came out 4 13/16 X 40"...... BobCad says the G Codes were correct. Looking for help on this one.

My 2nd issue: When opening Mach 3 on my laptop I have lost the screen of the Mach window.  It used to work, now it does not.  It does work properly on my work computer.  Any help out there on how to get it back?

Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Super sized
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
Hi Fountaine,

1) Within Mach3, Motor Tuning check that your steps per unit are correct for each axis. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16315.0.html

2) In the Diagnostics tab, bottom left - 'Toolpath on/off' toggles the screen display.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am new enough that I do not know where to go with this.  Please point me in the right direction and I will be totally great-full.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »
Hi Fountaine,

No problem sir, we all start at the beginning (hopefully).

1) Download and run All's calculator, enter your steps/rev (usually 200), enter your microsteps (check your driver manual), leadscrew pitch, gearing ratio (if not direct drive - motor to leadscrew) etc. and that will tell you your steps per unit. This should match the value that is already entered in Mach3 'Motor Tuning' as 'steps per'.

2) Within Mach, click on the Diagnostics tab (button), then just above the Reset button is the Toolpath On / Off button, if the green LED is not illuminated then click the button to restore toolpath display.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »
I went to the Mach manual, looked up motor tuning and went through the steps for motor tuning.

It worked great.  The Mach 3 program basically did it automatically.

I could not have gotten to this point without you all and the forum.