Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:56:25 AM

Author Topic: Newbie Help Please with Tool Offsets  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Help Please with Tool Offsets
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
Have a look at CAMBAM its free and it works or you can pay a small amount and have the latest and greatest version.

http://www.cambam.info/

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Wow... Thanks for that Graham. I have just had a quick peep at one of the tutorial videos. It looks quite good and relatively easy to get to grips with.

Thanks once again, I'll get back to and let you know how I get on.  :) :)
God created Ale to make us all happy ..... 8)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Yep, all you need to do is supply the dxf, select what you want to machine and how, define a few parameters and post the code to a file
for MACH. I use it and think it's good program for the money but someone else may have a different take on Cambam.
It also has some advanced features that you can explore later on.
RICH
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Hopefully this is what I need. Really looking forward to getting stuck in to it!

Does this resolve the kerf (Hope that is right word for tool offsets!) issues ? Thanks again to all.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »
The program will provide code which accounts for the diameter of the cutting tool .
RICH
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
Hopefully this is what I need. Really looking forward to getting stuck in to it!

Does this resolve the kerf (Hope that is right word for tool offsets!) issues ? Thanks again to all.
Hi Buggalugs I to am new to cnc and have found CamBam very helpful, it does all the basics like inside or outside profile cuts , pockets, several drilling cycles , and engraving, the full version is free for 30 uses. If you enter a tool Dia and generate paths you get an accurate preview you can the change tool dia and regenerate to see new path. I have only scratched the surface of the programme. Check out their forum
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:45:00 AM by nzinoz »
Regards
Nick
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »
Hi Nick and thank you for your reply. I downloaded and installed an instance last night. I have only had about five minutes 'play' with it and look’s like it is going to fit the bill very nicely....

It is not badly priced at 98 quid but as you rightly say you can have forty or so 'FREE' un-tethered goes with it before you part with your pennies.. (Don't get me started on the 'FREE' bit again  >:(  )
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »
Hi Nick and thank you for your reply. I downloaded and installed an instance last night. I have only had about five minutes 'play' with it and look’s like it is going to fit the bill very nicely....

It is not badly priced at 98 quid but as you rightly say you can have forty or so 'FREE' un-tethered goes with it before you part with your pennies.. (Don't get me started on the 'FREE' bit again  >:(  )

Hi your up early :) I suggest you have a good long look at the HELP file accessed in the top right menu It will make your head spin but to my mind very good  ;D
Regards
Nick