Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:48:19 AM

Author Topic: My "manual limit override"........she's a no work anymore...........  (Read 6572 times)

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Well, looks as though I've messed it up yet again. I had to replace a limit/homing switch and all seems to be back to normal EXCEPT, the "manual limit override" toggle and LED  on the Settings page has gone dark and won't respond
( red or green light) to any input. How can I reset this so I can use it if needed? Many Thanks to all of you that are burdened  with guiding  the "new people".......:)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: My "manual limit override"........she's a no work anymore...........
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »
Personally I prefer the auto limit override as it saves you having to go to the settings page and pres a button. With the auto if you hit a limit all you need to do is press reset and you can again jog off the limit.

That doesnt explain or help with your issue however so if you want to attach your xml I will have a look and see if I can find a problem in your config.
Hood

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
Hood
I have posted two replies and neither has shown up. I suspect it has to deal with the xml attachment. I am not attaching anything this time. We'll see if this shows up .Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:48:42 AM »
You will need to rename your xml to something uniwue as the forum only accepts a file name once as an attachment. Suggest you copy the xml to your desktop, rename as caddy.xml then attach that.
Hood

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
OK, here it is (I hope) I am interested in the auto limits function. For some reason, my Mach manual seems to be missing the section that references auto limits config. (section 5.7 in the index) I downloaded the lastest revision to see if the one I had was too old but I could not find it on the newer version. Have I missed something here? Either way, thank you for responding.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
You already have Auto Limits chosen (it is just above the manual override button) and that is the reason you can not choose the manual limit override :)
I notice you do not have any keyboard keys set for jogging, is that intentional?
If not then go to Config menu then System Hotkeys and then click on each axis direction one at a time and press the associated keys for them (arrow keys for X and Y and PgUp/PgDn for Z )

Hood

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
Hello
Again, thank you for the response. As you can see, I don't know very much. I will fire the "rig" up and experiment a bit. It's unclear to me why it was manual and then changed but perhaps it was related to the very weird computer lock up that started this whole thing. As for the hotkeys: This machine came with a "shuttle" that has a few buttons and a dial that controls speed of jogging. It seems to work OK but I have been tempted to change it back to the keyboard method as it seems to be a bit more convienient. I have taken the posture of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" until I have learned enough to become more comfortable just learning how to run the machine and Mach before I start messing around by changing things, as it takes very little to completely shut me down. I will keep and print out the hotkeys for future reference. Thank You
    I am VERY fortunate to have a mentor here locally who knows a great deal about CNC matters but his machine does not use Mach so I try not to compromise his time with any more questions than I have to, especially when it comes to Mach. The same policy applies to you as well as I do not wish to become a pest to those that offer help. I see you are quite active and I'm sure you spend a good deal of time helping others. Please accept my thanks once again and I will try (not promise....:) not to  wear out my welcome.
now............off to experiment
BTW, Do you reside in Scotland?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Thats no problem, many here that are more than willing to help with any questions you may have :)
Yes I am from Carnoustie in Scotland.
Hood