Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:23:51 AM

Author Topic: A Silly Idea ??  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
A Silly Idea ??
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
This is a really stupid project for a very, very rainy day.

Many of the old mobile phones, like this ancient Nokia, will dial the first number stored in their directory with just 3 presses of one button so program in your best mobile phone number as name AAAA.

Making a holder for the old phone and mounting an RC servo and a bit of electronics (pic processor) it is then connected to a spare Mach output.

When the currently running GCode program finishes, it switches off the output and the old phone dials your best mobile phone to alert you that the machine has finished. The pic processor is also programmed to wait a pre-determined time then hang-up.

With this little gizmo you can be just about anywhere in the world and know exactly when your CNC machine has finished it’s job.

Seriously though, this was the prototype for a number of units, I built some years back, to alert of site problems in a remote location without phone lines. I came across it last week, whilst tidying up, and took a picture for posterity.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: A Silly Idea ??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
there are boards that can dial a preset number or set of numbers for you. But that wouldn't be as much fun.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »
I have the Plasma unit here running on the network and I have a routine for it to Call the Cell number and alert me to the end of a program run AND it's file name.

The guys still don't know HOW I know what they are working on(;-).

BUT you have to have net access for it to work.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
cripes BR. is anything you cant do? :D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
OHYea there are lots of things I can't do YET.

Tweeakie is my hero on new projects. I just search for cool CNC functions and TRY to make it work with Mach3.

Sometimes yes somtimes no, (;-) TP