Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:16:09 PM

Author Topic: cant see the part in the toolpath window  (Read 2738 times)

cant see the part in the toolpath window
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
Hello, new to cnc, when I watch the video's I can see the road runner drawing loaded and I can see it in the window, when I load it, its the size of a pinhead.  I can use the mouse wheel to zoom, but that takes an hour and it never really gets to the size I want to see.  The same thing happens when I create my own drawing? I can start the program and it runs, but the mill never moves more than an inch if even that. my spindle motor is not working yet, so I'm just trying to do test runs, just set it up, think its a bad board, hope it does not take long to fix!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: cant see the part in the toolpath window
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
Sounds like you dont have the steps per unit set correctly if the machine is not moving as you expect. Could also be you have the native units set incorrectly.
The issue with the small toolpath view could be your position is way off from where the code is.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
Thanks, I'll check those and see!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
Thanks Hood!!! Thats exactly what it was!  Now if I can get the spindle motor to run, I'll be in business. I did take a pen and put it in the spindle and was able to draw on paper what I intend to engrave ;D  cheap crap from china >:(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »
No probs :)
Hood