Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:38:20 AM

Author Topic: CNC workshop 2012  (Read 9425 times)

CNC workshop 2012
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:10:45 AM »
Hello,
I wanted to tell you guys that I will be at the CNC workshop (never
missed one so far  ;)  ) . We will be showing Mach4 at the show and we
will be doing a 2 hour talk on how it all works under the hood. This
talk will be technical but at the same time it will be very good for
learning how to use the software. Here are some of the features I would
like to cover:

1.) Cpu requirements
2.) Scripting
3.) Motion Devices and how they work
4.) Out of Band Axis
5.) How to setup the machine
6.) What is in each level of the software Lite, Pro and Expert
7.) How to make special functions like THC or tangental knife work (they
are no longer in the software)
8.) What needs to be done so we can release the Pro version.

Please tell me if you can think of any other features that you think you
need to know about. That will be more then I need to fill 2 hours  :) 
Also we will my little table top router running on Mach4 at the show.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: CNC workshop 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
For those hoping to attend Brian’s talk on Mach4, I have it scheduled for 10:20-12:40 on Saturday, June 23.

Although all other seminars are open only to those signing up for the full three day event, this seminar will be open to those paying the Saturday only fee of $15. The Saturday only fee will get you in the doors from 9-4, plus give you access to the informal swap meet we are planning for the parking lot. No advance registration needed (though it is helpful) for attending Saturday only.

The Workshop is located at Washtenaw Community College on the east side of Ann Arbor, right near Interstate 23. For more information on the event, and to see the full seminar schedule (to be posted shortly!) please view the workshop section of our bulletin board CNC Workshop.

Hope to see you there,
George
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
Hi Brian and George
For us poor devils on the other side of the world who can not get to this event and like myself very interested in Mach4 and it's features would there be any chance of making a video of this talk and posting it so we could get a peek at what the future holds for us?
Thanks
Steve

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Please  Please   bwshop 
Hi Brian and George
For us poor devils on the other side of the world who can not get to this event and like myself very interested in Mach4 and it's features would there be any chance of making a video of this talk and posting it so we could get a peek at what the future holds for us?
Thanks
Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »
This is not the first request for videos of the seminars we present; I probably receive about one request a month. While it seems simple enough, the matter of copyright would have to be settled, including the numerous speakers during the Q and A portions that are found in about every seminar. Right now, it’s just too labor intensive of a proposition for Digital Machinist magazine to undertake; you’ll just have to rob the kid’s college fund and make the trip!

George
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:56:46 PM »
I am a newbe to CNC I just purchased a lathe with Mach3 turn would this seminar be good for me to attend? WCC is about 35 minutes from my home, I am very eager to learn anything I can!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »
Hi Brian
If the video can not be done and I understand George's reasons for that, what would be the chance of small written article on what is to be said at the seminar please? I am keen to find out what our next steps are going to be, especially on the hardware front - I don't want to buy anything now that might be useless when Mach4 arrives. It doesn't have to be until after the public announcements are made at the seminar.
Thanks
Steve
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:10:38 AM by Wallerawang »
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »
I have been thinking about doing a video to put on the web so everyone can see it. I am not going to do it at the collage but I could make a video here at the shop.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
That would be Great
   bwshop 
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
I am a newbe to CNC I just purchased a lathe with Mach3 turn would this seminar be good for me to attend? WCC is about 35 minutes from my home, I am very eager to learn anything I can!

Hello,

Brian is doing talks on Thursday and Friday as well as the Saturday Mach4 talk (6/21-6/23). For a full schedule of seminars, as well as other info on the workshop, follow this link:
CNC Workshop

The talk on Thursday by David Bagby may be of interest to you as well. On Friday, Scott Shafer will be doing a 4 hour seminar on Mach, but this one is geared more for experienced users.

For attendance, you have two choices: sign up for the entire three days of the workshop  and see any seminar you choose, or sign up for the Saturday only admittance and have access to the Brian Barker seminar only (plus vendor area, casting demo, and swap meet).

Keep in mind that the seminars are only one part of the equation. There is a whole roomful of guys eager to talk CNC at the event; you’ll have no problem getting all your questions answered.

George