Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:36 PM

Author Topic: DRO problem, etc.  (Read 4909 times)

DRO problem, etc.
« on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
I am designing my own screen for my Bridgeport BOSS retrofit. To begin, I am modifying the 1024 screen that comes with Mach3. I am replacing the images and also resizing and moving the DROs, LEDs and Buttons.

A few things that I don't understand:

Everything looks great in MachScreen, but when I pull it up in Mach3, many of the DROs have a image that says "Offline".

The sliders are not the correct width. In MachScreen, they are 35 pixels wide, but in Mach3, they are 25 pixels.

Here is a partial screenshot of the offending area....
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
Re: DRO problem, etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
Okay, I figured out the "Offline" issue.... When I edited the existing DROs, I deleted the background image. Apparently there is an artifact left over (even though it says there is no image), and it is confused and uses "Offline" instead. I found that using a transparent image as the background solved the problem. It was also gone if I created a new DRO instead of editing an existing one.

I still need to solve the slider being the wrong number of pixels wide. I created new sliders, but still no joy.... :(
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
Sliders don't display their actual width. Not much you can do about it.

Dro's in the stock screen are "skinned", which I think is the issue you're seeing.

I don't use Machscreen, so can't really tell you how to work around it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
Thanks Gerry! Somehow I got it to display the the sliders correctly. I'm not sure what I did though. ;)