Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:35:45 AM

Author Topic: computer keep on switching of when the plasma ark(spark)  (Read 6652 times)

computer keep on switching of when the plasma ark(spark)
« on: May 26, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »
PLS HELP ME IN SOUTH AFRICA
I have a plasma cnc from CNC-DIRECT with THC controller (leeuwinga). Just bought a new computer for the cnc (old one ran out of memory). My plasma is from tradeweld CUT 40H. I fit a filter on the plasma 220v input. The plasma cut very well in one go but as soon as there is a second cut in the same ***.dxf or ***.tab then the computer switch off completely.
Thanks
Mitch Mitchell

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: computer keep on switching of when the plasma ark(spark)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 01:50:49 AM »
Hi Mitch,

Just a suggestion but try running the problem file with the torch switched off - if it runs OK then electrical noise could be the issue. In this case check your grounding connections.

Also check for GND loops - in particular the LPT cable shield should not be connected to GND at both the computer end and the machine frame if they are both, in turn, connected to earth etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »
Thanks Tweakie
Will have a look monday.
CHEERS
MITCH
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
HI CAN YOU PLEACE HELP ME WITH THIS SETTINGS ON MY NEW SPINDEL. I CANT GET IT TO WORK AT ALL.
1.   SPINDEL
2.   3KW
3.   FREQUENCY 100
4.   SPEED 2400RPM
5.   VOLTAGE OF MOTOR 220VAC
6.   FULING ELECTRIC
7.   DZB312B003.7L2DK     NO. 4012216DK13381071 SERIES INVERTER
8.   INPUT VOLTAGE TO INVERTER IS 220VAC
9.   WERE DO I CONECT THE 220V (R,S,T)  SPINDEL (U,V,W)
10.   SPINDEL (1EARTH,2,3,4)
11.   THERE IS ALL THE F1,F2,F3 SETTINGS
12.   I NEED MACH3 (TO SWITCH THE SPINDEL ON AND OFF)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »
There's a manual here -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/84435382/Fuling-Inverter-User-Manual

Hopefully some or all of the information should be correct for most of their range, your supplier should be able to provida a manual or wiring diagram though.
All of my 220V input inverters have the live & neutral connected to the first two input phase terminals L1/R L2/S
To have Mach3 run the spindle you need to have a controller which supports this, the correct wiring between the controller and the VFD and the correct config withing Mach3,
Regards,
Nick
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:05 AM »
THANKS NICK. THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY INVERTER MODEL IS A DZB312 AND ALL THE INFO I CAN GET
(USER MANUAL) IS FOR A DZB300.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »

Also check for GND loops - in particular the LPT cable shield should not be connected to GND at both the computer end and the machine frame if they are both, in turn, connected to earth etc.

Tweakie.

Interesting Tweakie, what about the signal grounds like pins 18-25 on a DB25 connector? can that be grounded at both ends? I hope.

Tony
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »
THANKS NICK. THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY INVERTER MODEL IS A DZB312 AND ALL THE INFO I CAN GET
(USER MANUAL) IS FOR A DZB300.

The 300 series have the same basic connections you've quoted, AC input and 3 Phase output nomenclature is industry standard and the same as my Siemens drives, this gives you the basics to be able to get the drive powered up and connected to the motor.
Do you have an operator panel? If so what does it display when powered up?
With an operator panel you have a good chance of working out how to access and set parameters, the default values of some will help to identify some of them.
Once you get this far you will be able to compare the available parameters to those of the 300 series,

- Nick

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:01:31 AM »
Interesting Tweakie, what about the signal grounds like pins 18-25 on a DB25 connector? can that be grounded at both ends? I hope.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Yes, the 18-25 is common signal GND between the PC and the controller but remember that this is signal GND, it is not Earth.

Tweakie.
PEACE