Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:57:34 AM

Author Topic: THC up/down dont moving Z axis  (Read 15359 times)

THC up/down dont moving Z axis
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
Hi.

We have plasma & mach3 with http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/index.php?m=gallery&s=show&fid=48&sort=&uinfo=CSMIOIPS_6_axis_CNC_Ethernet_Motion_Controller_STEPDIR motion controller & http://proma-elektronika.pl/cnc-plasma-thc-controller-torch-height-control/ THC controller . On diagnostic screen Torch up / Torch down LED lit, but Z axis dont moving, on "ports & pins/Mill options" "Allow THC UP/DOWN Control even if not in THC mode"  checked.

Thanks.

Ojars
Re: THC up/down dont moving Z axis
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »
DO you have the Z axis enabled?  Simple, but would cause your issue.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
Yes, Z axis moving with Page up/down button or MPG.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »
have you bought a licensed copy of mach? i believe that the thc does not work in demo mode.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »
I think Yes ... we purchase license file from Polands CS-Lab.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »
Is THC supported by the CSMIO/IP?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »
Sorry I dont understand about supporting, I think THC controller is stand alone device was makig torch up/down signal from tesion of plasma arc ... and its works ... CSMIO is input/output device instead paralel port ... I think it also works ... and in Mach3 diagnostic screen Torch up/down input LED lit, but nothing happens ...I have a feeling that there is something wrong with Mach settings.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:43 AM »
It is my understanding that for THC to work correctly when using external controllers the external controllers (CSMIO/SmoothStepper/Galil etc ) need to support that function in their plugin. Could be wrong though as I have no experience with plasma.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
I tend to agree with Hood. As I understand it, the THC Z axis control functionality of Mach is hard coded into the Parallel Port driver. Therefore if you use an external controller - it must support that functionality itself. I think your THC UP/DOWN LEDs are functioning because they're simply reflecting the input signals but there's no code to actually drive Z via those signals.

The CSMIO/IP manual "suggests" that it should work but you need to contact your supplier for confirmation. You also need to be SURE you have a valid licence because that may be an issue - it certainly is when using the PP driver.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:12:32 AM by stirling »
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:22 AM »
Thank you Ian and Hood for answer!
I try to ask these question to CS-Lab, because both controller an license file purchased from them.

Ojars