Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:57:13 AM

Author Topic: external buttons and relay board  (Read 3413 times)

external buttons and relay board
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:01 AM »
Hi,
I have some momentary switches connected to a Pokeys 56u device. I have also connected a PoExtBusRe board via the bus port. It works realy good for standard events in mach3 but I would like to toggle one of the relays with the switches without having a OemLed or OemButton for it. Eg I would like to turn a lamp on and off without having it affect mach3 functionality.  Could someone help me in the right direction here, I have tried doing it in vbscript and from the screen4 editor but it seams to be the wrong way.

Best regards mikael

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: external buttons and relay board
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:34 AM »
Hi, Coolkidz

We are working to bring this in the next plugin release. You will be able to read and set PoKeys IO via vbscript.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
hi,

thanx for your prompt replay, when can i expect a new release of the plugin? if i would like to solve the problem my self could you guid me to the right direction? should i use vbscript, brain or something else?

BR
Mikael

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
Hi, Mikael

The plugin release is scheduled in a week or two.

At the moment you are not able to read or write PoKeys IO via vbscript. This will however change with the new plugin version.

In the meantime, you can map the PoKeys pin to a unused OEM LED and use it in the brain.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
New plugin was released.