Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:29:34 PM

Author Topic: Cuts uneven when it's cutting arcs  (Read 8687 times)

Re: Cuts uneven when it's cutting arcs
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »
Is there a way to post the gcode with my I phone I don't have Internet on that computer. I've never posted any files what's the easiest way to do that
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
Sorry,
Can't help with that - I don't have an I phone.

On your machine, can you detect any movement when you try to "wiggle" a bit in the spindle by hand?  Also, are you climb-cutting?
These two things may explain your issue.

Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
My machine has about 1/32 of an inch of movement but that takes I bit of pressure just to move it that tiny little bit. Everything is pretty darn tight. With zero backlash.  I'm positive that it is NOT clime cutting. Just from the sound of the motors and watching them it seems like that's issue.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
Ok I see exactly what's going on but can't fix it. The uneven cuts are caused by the motors speeding up and slowing down on the curves. The steeper the curve the faster it sputters, as the curve gets less steep the motors sputter slower. Every time it does that which is through out the entire curve you can see the correspondence on the part of how poorly it moves and cuts. It's got to be something in the way the motors are working. Because every now and then when I stop the feed and restart it, it does this big loop around and then back on course. When it does that loop it actually sounds really really smooth like how I wished it would cut my part. I've tried adding the g64 in the code but it does nothing I've tried tweaking motors  and the IJ mode to INC. still no luck. All my settings say constant velocity on.
     I don't know how to post my gcode but I will figure  it out so you guys can see it. Thank you so much for helping me. Give me a few days to figure it out.