Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:20:21 PM

Author Topic: Gunstocks!!!!!  (Read 29649 times)

Re: Gunstocks!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »
MAn Ill go check that out Thanks! I was thinking about buying a TurboCAD v17 for like 40 bucks and then they have TurboCAD v19 for 99 bucks. Would it really matter starting out between the two? they are both 2d/3d. I think Ill check out the CAD/CAM you suggested though first.
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
My advice would be try the different demos and find which one clicks for you.
Several are capable and everyone has there preference.  I choose Alibre because I use it at the industrial level.
Integrated cam was a bonus for me. It's all in what your familiar with and what works for you!!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »
Hey Jugster, where you located? Good to see some stock work here. I haven't been on in years but just recently had the need to come back into the fold. If you give me permission, I will post a few of mine here, if not, that is ok. Bench stocks like yours as well as a couple hunting plinking stocks.

Mike
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
Turmite,

Post away my friend!!!!  Unlike some of the other forums I have posted on, everyone on this one are friends!!!! :)  I'm in Kentucky!!!  I would love to see some other stocks that people have done!!!  After all that's what inspires us to get to the next level.  I would be interested to know what software your using to design yours.  I look forward to seeing the pictures!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »
Thanks for the invite. I use Rhino 3d for my design and Madcam a plugin for Rhino as my cam. Here are a few I do. The first one was for a rimfire sporter for IR 50/50 and the blue on is based on a centerfire bench design I came up with.  Next is a set of spalted english walnut grip panels for 1911s, and last is my latest creation. Took forever to get the model close, as it is still not perfect. I built this gun for a local high school trap shooting team to raffle off and that is about to start. I wish I could enter and win, but probably not a good idea! ;)

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »
Couldn't edit. but needed to add, that until last week, my controller was Mach 2......yes, Mach2. My old computer died and now I am struggling to make the move to Mach3. Anyone who reads this and is a kind hearted soul with lots of brain power, well, you get the picture!

Mike

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »
Excellent workmanship Mike.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 06:11:37 AM »
Nice work on the gunstocks.
Was the checkering done by hand or CNC?
RICH
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
Mike,

Your work is excellent!!!  I'm glad to see someone that shares my interest!!!  I have got some pictures that I'm going to add!!  I posted one of these previously but in the wrong in place. Keep in mind that this gun only had the lind seed oil applied and not the final finish.   Also I'm going to show one of the shooting rest in a wooden version. Unfortunately its changed since then, but I have been dragging my feet a little on this one.   I hope everyone can appreciate the hours I spent just glueing all of this together.  I hope everyone enjoys!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Guys!!!

Here is a picture of the wooden version of the shooting rest.  Unfortunately alot of things have changed already on this, but I do plan on putting it to use when I get it completed!!!!   It still needs some steel wooling and several coats of poly.   I hope everyone can appreciate the hours of glueing and helicoiling it took to get it to this level.  Thanks!!!!!!!