Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:39:58 AM

Author Topic: home switches  (Read 3398 times)

home switches
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
I wanted to set X axis home switch's.  I use two motors on the X axis "X" and "A".

My breakout board uses pin 12 for X home.  When I hit Ref home the X motor homes, back off, and slowly comes back and trips the X home but the A motor keeps going. 

OK, so I think, I'll just put a home switch on the "A" side of the X axis and wire it into the breakout board.

OPPS  There isn't an empty pin for "A" home switch.  This is how the break out board is wired.

Limits     Y home     X home   Z home   E-stop
    P 10        P 11         P 12       P 13         P 15

So now what do I do????  After spending some bucks on nice roller switches and hours making ramps to trigger them and more hours drilling a tapping I'd really like to make this work...

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: home switches
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:55:40 AM »
Your BOB provides 5 inputs. How they're labelled is irrelevant. As long as you set Mach up to match you could (if you wanted) use P10 for E-stop P11 for Zhome P12 for Limits etc. etc. whatever you want - your BOB neither knows nor cares.

Ian
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »
I understand the ability to assign any of the five pins to any function, but I still don't have a way to assign a pin to "A" home without loosing something .   The way it runs now I can not Ref All Home, if I do the "X" axis and "A" motors head for home, the "X" trips home, stops, backs-up and slowly trips home again, the "A" motor keeps on going...and going.....till I hit the E-Stop

What do you do if you have a true 4 axis machine????  With 25 pins there must be some more usable pins, (I hope).....
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »
disable the a home and run the two motors off the x axis
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:51:54 PM by angel tech »
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
run all the home switches on one input by connecting them in series
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
forget limits and use soft limits

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
If you have a slaved axis and want to use a switch to square you should be able to get away with 2 inputs. If all switches on master axis are also used as limit/homes and connected in series, as has been mentioned, that will be 1 input, the slaved axis will have its own home switch and thus you only need 2 inputs.
Hood