Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Is Calibrate Spindle Working?  (Read 2588 times)

Is Calibrate Spindle Working?
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:27:49 AM »
Hi
I was wondering if someone could check if the "calibrate spindle" function is working for them in version r3.043.062? I has worked very well for me in the past - I can't remember the version of Mach I used then but a move to the Ethernet Smooth Stepper has seen some hardware changes for me and a move to a later version of Mach and I would like to recalibrate my spindle speeds. My symptoms are that the spindle doesn't start during the auto calibrate process. I should say that I do already have it going when I start the auto calibrate but it stops at the first speed command (which is zero and it should stop then) and doesn't start again at the higher test speed commands.
Thanks
Steve

Offline nicad

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Re: Is Calibrate Spindle Working?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
I see the exact same behavior on the USB SS and the latest few versions of Mach (.062 and now .066) and SS plugin ('d' and now I think 'f'). I have it tuned close but have some variance on the extreme ends. Threading works with the threading pulse, but for general lathe turning I'd like it get the extreme RPM ranges a bit more accurate. It stops the spindle (I had it running to start) and acts like it is going through the procedure, but the spindle never comes on..
Re: Is Calibrate Spindle Working?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Hi,
try setting the minimum PWM at least to 1% or higher in -> port and pins -> spindle setup, for calibration.
just a thought.
Alex